Sirocco class Merchant Freighter
|Sirocco class Merchant Freighter|
|Type: ML Merchant Freighter|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr5512.582 (base)|
|Passengers||24 High/Med 100 Low|
|Reference||Ade Alagoric Stewart|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Sirocco class Merchant Freighter is a mercantile starship.
- It is a civilian ship and a Merchant Freighter.
- The vessel is a TL-11 design.
- Please also see: Ships of the Distant Fringe
A generic class of civilian vessel, the Merchant Freighter is a commercial transport commonly encountered along Star Lanes and within backwater areas in the Distant Fringe region. It is classified as a Bulk Cargo Carrier and is constructed as a conventional design. Similar designs have been in use from the time the Distant Fringe was first settled.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage|| 5,000 tons.
The Merchant Freighter is constructed using a 5000 dTon hull built in a generally cone-shaped configuration. The hull is fully streamlined: the ship is equipped with fuel scoops.
|2.||Crew|| x43 crew.
The Merchant Freighter requires requires x43 crew: 9x command, 7x engineering, 8x gunnery, and 15x service, of whom 1 serves as flight crew for the Ship’s Boat as required. In addition, the vessel carries 3 passenger stewards and a medic.
The vessel mounts a DeVoss-type Jump-2 drive, a Maneuver-2 drive, and a Power plant 2, giving performance of Jump-2 and 2G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 1 and an emergency agility of 2. There is fuel tankage of 1100 dTons, sufficient for one Jump-2 and giving the power plant four weeks duration. The ship is equipped with a purification plant.
|4.||Electronics|| Model/3 computer.
Adjacent to the bridge is a computer model/3: the vessel carries an additional backup computer model/3. The vessel has a secure locker with a capacity of 3 dTons. There are 50 staterooms and 100 low berths, primarily used to transport livestock. Double occupancy accommodations are required for all except the command crew. 24 staterooms are available to paying passengers. Cargo capacity amounts to 2700 dTons.
|5.||Hardpoints|| xTBD hardpoints.
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|8.||Craft||The ship carries a 40 dTon Ship’s Boat housed in a dedicated hanger.|
The basic cost of the vessel, complete with a Ship’s Boat, is MCr2442.559.
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The design is representative and a large number of variants exist, particularly with regard to the allotted weapons systems, onboard electronics, and the fit out of internal spaces.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type MC class Cargo Freighter
- Type MF class Provincial Freighter
- Type MH class Heavy Freighter
- Type ML class Light Freighter
- Type MM class Medium Freighter
- Type MP class Passenger Freighter
- Gaia class Luxury Liner
- Horizon class Passenger Freighter
- Jelmirt Marquis class High Liner
- King Richard class Interstellar Liner
- Last Armada class Personnel Transport
- Nebula class Starliner
- Olympian class Cruise Liner
- Royal class Interstellar Liner
- Sapphire Moon class Modular Ship
- Shuvalivashtu class Luxury Liner
- Type MS class Superheavy Freighter
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science