Jeremiah O'Brien class Battleship
|Jeremiah O'Brien class Battleship|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: BM Battleship|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr119,022.055 (base) |
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|IOC||No information yet available.|
|Origin||Sudi Verisian Navy|
|Passengers|| 0 High/Med |
|QSP||No information yet available.|
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Jeremiah O'Brien class Battleship is a warship.
- It is a military ship and a Battleship.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull|| The Jeremiah O'Brien class is constructed using a 118,000 Ton hull built in a generally Spherical Configuration. The hull is partially streamlined, giving a relatively limited atmospheric performance that is reliant on its onboard gravitic systems.
|2.||Crew|| x1,028 personnel, including 120 Marines.
Accessible areas of the hull are fitted with grav plates and inertial compensators and have full life support and environmental systems.
|3.||Performance|| The vessel mounts a Jump-2 drive, a Maneuver-4 drive, and a Power Plant-4, giving performance of Jump-2 and 4-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 1 and an emergency agility of 4. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-2 and one additional consecutive Jump-1 (an "emergency retreat") and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics|| Adjacent to the bridge is a computer Model/6fib: the vessel has a backup computer Model/6fib.
|5.||Hardpoints|| 1180 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for a Jeremiah O'Brien class is:
|7.||Defenses||The hull is plated, structurally reinforced, and built with secure bulkheads and compartments that give it a High Guard armor rating of 10.|
|8.||Craft|| Flight Section
The APC hanger is a sealable compartment with a volume of 20.8 Tons.
|9.||Fuel Treatment|| The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 40,120 Tons.
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr119,022.055
|11.||Construction Time|| 211 weeks (49 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 300 Tons. The cargo hold can be sealed and has independent life support and environmental systems.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
The vessels in the class are named for former First Admirals of the Sudi Verisian Navy and are numbered non-sequentially. They are the Jeremiah O'Brien (BB-02), the Chester G Morant (BB-05), the Ignasia de Socado (BB-06), and the Emilius Drakken (BB-08).
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BM class Medium Battleship
- Connecticut class Medium Battleship
- Cordell class Battleship
- Dauntless class Battleship
- Domain class Medium Battleship
- Grendal class Battleship
- Harp class Battleship
- Hedron class Battleship
- Howe class Battleship
- Illinois class Battleship
- Jeremiah O'Brien class Battleship
- Joyeuse class Battleship
- Kalere class Dreadnought
- Kearsage class Battleship
- Maine class Battleship
- Malos Lobos class Battleship
- Minsk class Medium Battleship
- Murrain class Medium Battleship
- Prince Colin III class Medium Battleship
- Sylea class Battleship
- Sylean class Battleship
- Tenjada class Battleship
- Vander class Battleship
- Virginia class Battleship
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science