Harp class Battleship
|Harp class Battleship|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: BM Battleship|
|Hull Configuration||Wedge Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Cost||MCr111,373.134 (base) |
|Quick Ship Profile||BM-0KS42|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Battleship.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
It is a vessel with 4-G and J-2 performance with a streamlined hull. The fully streamlined, and armored needle/wedge structure hull is fitted with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. It has jump 2 range and 4 G acceleration with a 2 agility rating. It carries enough internal fuel for a jump 2 with a jump 1 reserve. They can carry a jump 2 drop tank as well for long range strikes into Sath Alliance territory when needed. It is tanker dependent for longer range fleet maneuvers. It carries a model 6 fib computer, a back up computer and extra screen generators in the event of battle damage.
- It carries heavy armament and an extensive defensive suite. They are armed with two particle accelerator bays, two repulsor bays, five hundred triple sand caster turrets, one hundred and twenty triple beam laser turrets, and one hundred and twenty dual fusion gun turrets. There are fourteen heavy missile bays and the most powerful meson spinal mount in the sector.
- It carries one company of 100 rapid response jump troops. It carries two 20 ton recovery boats to transport troops. They are supported by a squadron of ten 10 ton light fighters and a platoon of 4 dton Grav tanks.
- It has a 766 sophont crew and 100 marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||100,000 tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/6 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||x10 10T Light Fighters, x2 20T Recovery Boats, x4 4T Grav Tanks, x70 Drop Capsules|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||48 months to build, 44 months in quantity.|
Designed and built by Pador after 208 weeks for the prototype and 167 weeks for the production models at huge expense. They are half the size of their big brothers the Pador class Dreadnoughts. In keeping with the Pador Military Forces fleet's internal security mission, this class was designed with a defensive mindset. 9 in service. Built to be the ships of the line for combat duty in the Far Home Sector, capable of acting as a strategic deterrent in the Distant Fringe.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BM class Medium Battleship
- Connecticut class Medium Battleship
- Cordell class Battleship
- Dauntless class Battleship
- Domain class Medium Battleship
- Grendal class Battleship
- Harp class Battleship
- Hedron class Battleship
- Howe class Battleship
- Illinois class Battleship
- Jeremiah O'Brien class Battleship
- Joyeuse class Battleship
- Kalere class Dreadnought
- Kearsage class Battleship
- Maine class Battleship
- Malos Lobos class Battleship
- Minsk class Medium Battleship
- Murrain class Medium Battleship
- Prince Colin III class Medium Battleship
- Sylea class Battleship
- Sylean class Battleship
- Tenjada class Battleship
- Vander class Battleship
- Virginia class Battleship
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|