Malos Lobos class Battleship
|Malos Lobos class Battleship|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: BM Battleship|
|Hull Configuration||Sphere Hull|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Wolf Joint Military Command|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Cost||MCr120,638.387 (base) |
|Quick Ship Profile||Not Applicable|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Battleship.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
It is a vessel with 3-G and J-2 performance with a streamlined Sphere Hull. The Malos Lobos class Battleships are TL–12 heavily armored, partially streamlined sphere configuration hulls. This Battleship class is equipped for Jump-2 range and 3-G acceleration and 2-Agility. It carries enough fuel internally for a single Jump-2. They are fitted with a pair of model/6 fib ship computers adjacent to the bridge. It is equipped with fuel scoops and fuel purification for gas giant wilderness refueling. The 1,400,000 cubic meter hull requires 208 weeks singly and 167 weeks in quantity for additional unit orders.
- It carries very heavy armament and a massive military defensive suite. For defense, there are ten batteries of triple sand caster batteries, and ten repulsor bays. There is factor 12 hull armor cladding to defend against critical hits. For offense, there are ten batteries of triple beam laser turrets, twelve batteries of fusion guns, forty missile bays and ten particle accelerator bays.
- It ordinarily carries many subcraft, many ship's vehicles, and many drones. It can carry twenty 60 ton Cutters for ship to surface operations. One fighter squadron provides combat space patrols, to screen versus enemy fighters and missile strikes. The marine battalion can deploy from meteoric orbital assault and is recovered by the cutters. It has an armored cavalry troop with nine massive 10T Grav APCs.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||The Malos Lobos class is constructed using a 100,000 Ton hull built in a generally Spherical configuration. The hull is partially streamlined, giving a relatively limited atmospheric performance that is reliant on its onboard gravitic systems.
Accessible areas of the hull are fitted with grav plates and inertial compensators and have full life support and environmental systems.
|3.||Performance||The vessel mounts a Jump-2 drive, a Maneuver-3 drive, and a Power Plant-5, giving performance of Jump-2 and 3-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 2 and an emergency agility of 3. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-2 and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics||Adjacent to the bridge is a computer model/6fib: the vessel has a backup computer model/6fib.
|6.||Armament||x100 triple beam laser turrets, x120 dual fusion gun turrets, x10 particle accelerator bays, and x40 missile bays.|
|7.||Defenses||The hull is heavily plated, structurally reinforced, and built with secure bulkheads and compartments that give it a High Guard armor rating of 12.|
|8.||Craft||x20 60T Cutters, x10 20T Fighters, x9 10T Grav APC.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 25,000 Tons.|
|10.||Cost||The basic cost of the vessel is MCr120,638.387
|11.||Construction Time||208 weeks (48 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 270.0 Tons. The cargo hold can be sealed and has independent life support and environmental systems.
Four in service.
These four vessels are split into two battle squadrons, and serve as the main ships of the line for the Wolf (world) Navy under the auspices of the Wolf Joint Military Command. Hard to hurt, but not particularly hard to hit. These can hold their own versus most enemy lines of battle.
They serve the defense and deterrence mission of the Wolf System Navy and patrol in the Paradise Subsector. The defensive mindset means it carries less fuel and has less range than some more numerous competitive designs. It carries the same marine battalion as its larger brother, the Fenris class Dreadnought. They carry a massive number of heavy missile bays, and as a result some internal fuel supply was lost, curtailing operational range, without tanker support. They are slower, but just as agile as the larger Fenris class.
This class was commissioned as part of a massive expansion of fleet operational capacity. The new arms race demands worlds procure ships of the line as soon as possible to safeguard their sovereignty.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: The computer technology limits the vessel's size and the meson spinal mount is considered the most powerful available on the Distant Fringe.
Class Naming Practice/s: Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BM class Medium Battleship
- Connecticut class Medium Battleship
- Cordell class Battleship
- Dauntless class Battleship
- Domain class Medium Battleship
- Grendal class Battleship
- Harp class Battleship
- Hedron class Battleship
- Howe class Battleship
- Illinois class Battleship
- Jeremiah O'Brien class Battleship
- Joyeuse class Battleship
- Kalere class Dreadnought
- Kearsage class Battleship
- Maine class Battleship
- Malos Lobos class Battleship
- Minsk class Medium Battleship
- Murrain class Medium Battleship
- Prince Colin III class Medium Battleship
- Sylea class Battleship
- Sylean class Battleship
- Tenjada class Battleship
- Vander class Battleship
- Virginia class Battleship
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|