Hedron class Battleship
|Hedron class Battleship|
|Type: BM Battleship|
|Hull Configuration||Needle Hull|
|Hardpoints||870 (1,000 possible)|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Architect fee||MCrRonald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Quick Ship Profile||BM-0KS64|
|Also see||Hedron class Battleship|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It carries heavy armament and a moderate defensive suite. Critics complain that it may look impressive it is actually under powered, which results in the lower agility and the armor should be thicker. The reliance on missile turret batteries instead of the heavier missile bays also inspires debate and concern among arm-chair admirals.
- It ordinarily carries several subcraft, ship's vehicles, and drones when needed. It typically carries 100 marines and a token light fighter squadron.
- It has a 841 sophont crew and 100 marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Hedron Class Battleship is derived from the older World Class, a long reasonably armored, streamlined needle/wedge with the best spinal mounted meson gun available. Assigned to the enigmatic 314th Fleet examples of this class have been spotted wandering far beyond imperial borders and arrive unexpectedly at small ports well off the beaten path. A short-lived entertainment program revolved around an imbedded media team 'covering' shore leave operations of these ships as they arrived to overwhelm the locals on quaint remote outposts of civilization. Cancelation rumors circulated as soon as the first episode aired, fleet command was going to suppress its distribution, until it was realized that it actually helped with recruitment among certain media weary hive worlds closer to the core of the empire.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BM class Medium Battleship
- Connecticut class Medium Battleship
- Cordell class Battleship
- Dauntless class Battleship
- Domain class Medium Battleship
- Grendal class Battleship
- Harp class Battleship
- Hedron class Battleship
- Howe class Battleship
- Illinois class Battleship
- Jeremiah O'Brien class Battleship
- Joyeuse class Battleship
- Kalere class Dreadnought
- Kearsage class Battleship
- Maine class Battleship
- Malos Lobos class Battleship
- Minsk class Medium Battleship
- Murrain class Medium Battleship
- Prince Colin III class Medium Battleship
- Sylea class Battleship
- Sylean class Battleship
- Tenjada class Battleship
- Vander class Battleship
- Virginia class Battleship
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|