Agrippa class Destroyer Escort
|Agrippa class Destroyer Escort|
|Type: DE Destroyer Escort|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|Cost|| MCr1,143.578 (base) |
MCr 914.862 (qty)
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Extracted from GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Agrippa class Destroyer Escort is a light warship.
- It is a Military Ship and a Destroyer Escort.
- The vessel is a TL-11 design.
- This is a venerated warship that has long been out of service and is rarely seen in contemporary Charted Space.
This vessel was constructed for the Terran Confederation Navy and commonly referred to as the Agrippa class Corvette. Typical missions for the Agrippa class included convoy escort and perimeter patrol. Its jump capacity and high acceleration qualified it as a true escort, often deployed to run alongside destroyer squadrons.
- An Agrippa class Destroyer Escort on patrol in deep space.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||1000 Tons, streamlined needle configuration.|
|2.||Crew||Total Crew Complement: x51|
|4.||Electronics||Bridge, Model/5fib Computer. No backup computer is installed.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for an Agrippa class is:
|8.||Craft||Drop Capsules: x1 (plus x19 Ready)|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Tankage: 270 Tons|
|10.||Cost|| MCr1,143.578. |
MCr914.862 in quantity.
|11.||Construction Time||30 months or 120 weeks|
|12.||Comments||Cargo Hold: 20.0 Tons|
The Agrippa-class corvette was first designed after the Third Interstellar War (after -2362), in response to growing saber-rattling activity along the Imperial rim. Capable of extremely high acceleration, it was able to get to a trouble spot in minimal time. Its heavy emphasis on beam weapons permitted it to deal out harsh damage at close range, or to act as a missile shield for convoys.
The vessel first saw action during the Fourth Interstellar War (-2349 to -2346), remaining in service throughout the later Interstellar Wars period and into the Rule of Man. Few examples of the class survived the Long Night.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Ships of the Agrippa class were named after famous “wet-navy” officers of the pre-spaceflight era on Terra. The class ship itself was named after Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa, possibly the greatest naval commander of the late Roman Republic, an ancient Terran polity.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type DE class Destroyer Escort
- Agrippa class Destroyer Escort
- Aurdesko class Destroyer Escort
- Chrysanthemum class Destroyer Escort
- Fer-de-Lance class Destroyer Escort
- Gable class Destroyer Escort
- Ipltsiedle class Destroyer Escort
- Isokaze class Destroyer Escort
- Lucifer class Destroyer Escort
- Moshulu class Destroyer Escort
- Mossip class Destroyer Escort
- Nederland class Destroyer Escort
- Shamshir class Destroyer Escort
- Snow class Destroyer Escort
- Type D47 class Destroyer Escort
- Type HDE class Destroyer Escort
- Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escort
- Velroi class Escort Destroyer
- Zdieench class Destroyer Escort
- Zhdits class Destroyer Escort
- Zhosibadle class Destroyer Escort
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Paul Drye, Loren Wiseman, Jon F. Zeigler. Interstellar Wars (Steve Jackson Games, 2006), 215.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science