Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escort
|Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escort|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: DE Destroyer Escort|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr1,259.861 (base)|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|IOC||No information yet available.|
|Model||No information yet available.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|QSP||No information yet available.|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escort is a warship.
Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escorts served with the navy of the Tyrian Lordships, a Rule of Man-era splinter state centered on the world of Tyr, lying close to the center of Trojan Reach Sector. Destroyer Escorts projected Tyrian power and protected Tyrian interests in the region. The few surviving examples of the class are historical artifacts housed in museums or kept in private collections.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage||The design is constructed using a 1,200 Ton hull built in a Wedge configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, giving fair atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.|
|2.||Crew|| x40 personnel, including x14 Marines.
|3.||Performance|| The vessel mounts a Jump-2 drive, a Maneuver-5 drive, and a Power Plant-6, giving performance of Jump-2 and 5-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 5. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-2 and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics|| Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/5fib computer: no backup computer is installed.
|5.||Hardpoints|| x12 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for the vessel is:|
|7.||Defenses|| The hull is plated, structurally reinforced, and built with secure bulkheads and compartments that give it a High Guard armor rating of 4.
|8.||Craft|| Flight Section
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 312 Tons.|
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr1,259.861
|11.||Construction Time|| 121 weeks (28 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 3.0 Tons. The cargo hold can be sealed and has independent life support and environmental systems.|
Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escorts were Rule of Man and Long Night-era vessels that served with the navy of Tyr. The world was a major commercial and industrial hub during the period and was one of the dominant powers on the Sindalian Main, controlling a brutal feudal polity called the Tyrian Lordships. It regularly came into conflict with Aslan "Second Sons" as they spread to trailing in search of new territories, and the reliable Destroyer Escorts saw frequent action before the eventual collapse of the Lordships state. A number of examples of the class are known to have been captured by the Aslan and pressed into service on their behalf.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type DE class Destroyer Escort
- Agrippa class Destroyer Escort
- Aurdesko class Destroyer Escort
- Chrysanthemum class Destroyer Escort
- Fer-de-Lance class Destroyer Escort
- Gable class Destroyer Escort
- Ipltsiedle class Destroyer Escort
- Isokaze class Destroyer Escort
- Lucifer class Destroyer Escort
- Moshulu class Destroyer Escort
- Mossip class Destroyer Escort
- Nederland class Destroyer Escort
- Shamshir class Destroyer Escort
- Snow class Destroyer Escort
- Type D47 class Destroyer Escort
- Type HDE class Destroyer Escort
- Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escort
- Velroi class Escort Destroyer
- Zdieench class Destroyer Escort
- Zhdits class Destroyer Escort
- Zhosibadle class Destroyer Escort
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science