Lucifer class Destroyer Escort
|Lucifer class Destroyer Escort|
|Type: DE Destroyer Escort|
|Hull Configuration||Needle Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Also see||Destroyer Escort|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Adventure Class Ships Volume 1 TBD.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft nor drones.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
The Lucifer-class destroyer escort is built to serve as escorts for destroyers in the 3-5 kton range. It has proven itself capable and earned a nickname, "one helva ship". There have been between 3 to 4000 units delivered to date. It has Jump-4 and 6-G maneuver allowing it to keep up with most fleets in combat.
It is an agile, armored and well armed. At long range, the ship's large complement of nuclear and HE missiles are used to maximum effect, while at short range, its primary battery of four fusion guns take over. Their high USP rating of six will produce many critical hits on small ships.
The captain and first officer have their own staterooms.
- A view from the rear of the Destroyer Escort.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|8.||Craft / Subcraft||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
|12.||Remarks||No information yet available.
The Lucifer-class is routinely assigned to garrison or patrol duties and will occasionally be assigned to run special errands on detached duty.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type DE class Destroyer Escort
- Agrippa class Destroyer Escort
- Aurdesko class Destroyer Escort
- Chrysanthemum class Destroyer Escort
- Fer-de-Lance class Destroyer Escort
- Gable class Destroyer Escort
- Ipltsiedle class Destroyer Escort
- Isokaze class Destroyer Escort
- Lucifer class Destroyer Escort
- Moshulu class Destroyer Escort
- Mossip class Destroyer Escort
- Nederland class Destroyer Escort
- Shamshir class Destroyer Escort
- Snow class Destroyer Escort
- Type D47 class Destroyer Escort
- Type HDE class Destroyer Escort
- Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escort
- Velroi class Escort Destroyer
- Zdieench class Destroyer Escort
- Zhdits class Destroyer Escort
- Zhosibadle class Destroyer Escort
|This article has metadata.|
|The featured ship was originally designed using one of the Classic Traveller ship design rules:|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|