Nederland class Destroyer Escort
|Nederland class Destroyer Escort|
|Type: DE Destroyer Escort|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr978.562 (base)|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|QSP||No information yet available.|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Nederland class Destroyer Escort is a very light warship.
The Nederland class Destroyer Escort is built for the Langemarck Royal Navy, the space arm of the military forces of the Langemarck Coalition in Vanguard Reaches Sector. The design trades off a longer range against decreased agility. Nederlands are capable craft that form an important part of the Coalition's defenses.
- The vessel is a TL-13 design.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage|| The Nederland class is constructed using a 1,000 Ton hull built in a generally Conical configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, giving good atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.
|2.||Crew|| x39 personnel, including 12 Marines.
|3.||Performance|| The vessel mounts a Jump-4 drive, a Maneuver-5 drive, and a Power Plant-6, giving performance of Jump-4 and 5-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 0 and an emergency agility of 5. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-4 and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics|| Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/7fib computer: no backup computer is installed.
|5.||Hardpoints|| x10 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for an Nederland class is:|
|7.||Defenses||The hull is unarmored.|
|8.||Craft|| Flight Section
The Gig is housed in a dedicated hanger: the hanger can be sealed and has a total volume of 20 Tons.
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 460.0 Tons.|
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr978.562
|11.||Construction Time|| 120 weeks (28 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||The vessel does not have a cargo hold.|
Nederland class Destroyer Escorts are built for the Langemarck Royal Navy. They are versatile craft that are employed in a variety of roles, including power projection, trade protection, and fleet duties. They are small enough to be carried by a Fleet Tender, greatly extending the potential strike range. The vessel carries a 20-Ton Gig and a Marine squad drawn from the Langemarck Fusilier Regiments.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type DE class Destroyer Escort
- Agrippa class Destroyer Escort
- Aurdesko class Destroyer Escort
- Chrysanthemum class Destroyer Escort
- Fer-de-Lance class Destroyer Escort
- Gable class Destroyer Escort
- Ipltsiedle class Destroyer Escort
- Isokaze class Destroyer Escort
- Lucifer class Destroyer Escort
- Moshulu class Destroyer Escort
- Mossip class Destroyer Escort
- Nederland class Destroyer Escort
- Shamshir class Destroyer Escort
- Snow class Destroyer Escort
- Type D47 class Destroyer Escort
- Type HDE class Destroyer Escort
- Tyrian Lordship class Destroyer Escort
- Velroi class Escort Destroyer
- Zdieench class Destroyer Escort
- Zhdits class Destroyer Escort
- Zhosibadle class Destroyer Escort
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science