Lias class Fleet Transport
|Lias class Fleet Transport|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: IA Assault Transport|
|Hull Configuration||Wedge Hull|
|Crew||27 (+479 troops)|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Architect fee||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Also see||Combat Transport|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Ten in service|
- It is a military ship and a Fleet Transport.
- The vessel is a TL-10 design.
- Please see AAB article: Rimward Federation Navy
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a # sophont crew and 479 marines.
The Fleet Transport is a military transport vessel that sees service within the Rimward Federation and among the rimward worlds of the Distant Fringe. It is classified as an Assault Transport and is constructed as a long-range design. Similar designs have been in use from the time the Distant Fringe was first settled.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||3,000 tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Electronics||Model/4 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Fleet Transport is constructed using a 3000 dTon hull built in a wedge configuration. The hull is fully streamlined: the ship is equipped with fuel scoops.
- Individual sections of the ship are divided by bulkhead walls. Sections of the ship can be isolated in the event of an emergency.
- The hull includes internal grav plates and inertial compensators. All accessible sections of the hull have life support.
The vessel mounts a DeVoss-type jump-1 drive, a maneuver-1 drive, and a power plant 1, giving performance of jump-1 and 1G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 0 and an emergency agility of 1. There is fuel tankage of 630 dTons, sufficient for two jump-1s and giving the power plant four weeks duration. The vessel is fitted with a fuel purification plant.
- The engineering section has a main control room.
- The jump drive utilizes a lanthanum hull grid.
- The jump drive is fitted with a jump governor.
Adjacent to the bridge is a computer model/4 fib: the vessel carries an additional backup computer model/4 fib. There are 239 staterooms and 4 low berths, primarily used to transport severely wounded personnel or prisoners. No space is allocated for cargo storage:. Double occupancy accommodations are required for all except the command crew.
- The vessel is fitted with communications equipment, a sensor array, full ECM, and an avionics suite.
The Fleet Transport requires 27 crew: 11x command, 3x engineering, 6x gunnery, 1x flight, and 6x service. There are sufficient staterooms to transport up to 479 troops.
The ship is fitted with 30 turrets. These are grouped into:
- 1x beam laser battery, consisting of 8 linked triple turrets
- 1x missile battery, consisting of 10 linked triple turrets
- 3x sandcaster batteries, each consisting of 4 linked triple turrets
The ship carries a 2-ton air-raft, housed in a dedicated hanger.
The basic cost of the vessel, complete with an air-raft, is MCr1,377.217.
- The design is exclusive to the armed forces of the Rimward Federation. Architectural plans for privately constructed vessels must be drawn up, at a cost of MCr13.772.
- If multiple examples of the design are ordered all of the ships in the production run qualify for a 20% discount, which reduces the price per unit to MCr1,101.774.
Lias class Fleet Transports are designed and built at Dal Hallen. Their jump 1 drives restrict their operational effectiveness: this is compensated for by their long-range design, with enough onboard fuel for two consecutive jumps.
- They are specifically designed as personnel transports and are optimized to carry as many troops as will fit aboard. They can carry a full Federation battalion of 479 troops.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type IA class Assault Transport
- Biskra class Regimental Assault Cruiser
- Cobra class Combat Lander
- Eiaikeiar class Intruder Transport
- Hoeywea class Troop Carrier
- Infinite Stratos class Assault Transport
- Iylvir class Light Assault Troop Carrier
- Lias class Fleet Transport
- Liberty III class Independent Merchant
- Lombardo class Assault Transport
- LSM 12 class Assault Transport
- Maxwell class Troop Transport
- Nest class Troop Transport
- Razruzhenye class Assault Carrier
- Rude Surprise class Commando Assault Ship
- Siderion class Asteroid Assault Ship
- Smopi class Transport
- TC16 Jyhala class Assault Cruiser
- Torment class Assault Cruiser
- Type 071 Yuzhao class Assault Cruiser
- Type RA class Assault Ship
- Unwelcome Guest class Commando Assault Ship
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|