Type 071 Yuzhao class Assault Cruiser
|Type 071 Yuzhao class Assault Cruiser|
|Type: IA Regimental Assault Cruiser|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Crew||1,284 with 1,100 marines|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Number in Class: 3|
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Built for the Sindalian Empire, the Yuzhao Class Assault Cruiser was partially streamlined with scoops and purification for gas giant refueling. Equipped for jump 4 and 4 G's acceleration, it carried twenty 50 ton drop boats for the 1,100 marines. It had light armor and no meson spinal mount. It carried screens but was somewhat under powered and as a result had average agility. There was a powerful model 7 fib computer. A well armed vessel, the ship mounted:
- 14 heavy missile bays,
- 1 repulsor bay,
- 1 particle accelerator bay,
- 10 triple sand caster turrets,
- 10 dual fusion gun turrets, and
- 10 triple laser turret.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type IA class Assault Transport
- Biskra class Regimental Assault Cruiser
- Cobra class Combat Lander
- Eiaikeiar class Intruder Transport
- Hoeywea class Troop Carrier
- Infinite Stratos class Assault Transport
- Iylvir class Light Assault Troop Carrier
- Lias class Fleet Transport
- Liberty III class Independent Merchant
- Lombardo class Assault Transport
- LSM 12 class Assault Transport
- Maxwell class Troop Transport
- Nest class Troop Transport
- Razruzhenye class Assault Carrier
- Rude Surprise class Commando Assault Ship
- Siderion class Asteroid Assault Ship
- Smopi class Transport
- TC16 Jyhala class Assault Cruiser
- Torment class Assault Cruiser
- Type 071 Yuzhao class Assault Cruiser
- Type RA class Assault Ship
- Unwelcome Guest class Commando Assault Ship
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science