Dhaen (Pr 0718) (world)
|Army Size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||129|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||6,800|
|Port passengers (annual)||40,510|
- This system hosts a Naval Base for support of military starships. 100% of the world's population is the Major Race Vargr. This is the homeworld to Dhaen, a Minor Race. They are less than 10% of the worlds population.
- 1 Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 2.1 Culture
- 2.2 Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- 2.3 World Starport
- 2.4 World Technology Level
- 2.5 World Government
- 2.6 World Economy
- 2.7 World Demographics
- 2.8 Historical Data
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Dhaen Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dhaen
Primary Giant 1.85 5700 - 6400 8.7 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.02363 0.24465 2.34 - 3.82 2.363 23.63 Orbit # * 0 5 5 8 Remarks Has been Class IV for circa 3,000,000 years
The system contains 5 Gas Giants and 5 other small worlds. The innermost Gas Giant (0.2 AU) is directly heated by the central star to over 1100K and should not be used for wilderness refuelling. The outermost world is in retrograde orbit and there is no substantial Oort cloud. It has been posited that the system was, at one time (at least 2 billion years previously), part of a binary system that was split apart by the close approach of another star.
Mainworld Size (S)
Mainworld Atmosphere (A)
Dhaen has a pressure of 0.71 to 1.49 atmospheres. While a Standard Atmosphere does not require survival gear this atmosphere also contains an unusual taint such as such as disease, a hazardous gas mix, pollutants, or sulfur compounds which requires the use of a Filter Mask. Some taints may require more protective equipment. TL–3 or more advanced survival gear is required to settle this world. The atmosphere is tainted with relatively high levels of Nitrogen Oxide (NO). Substantial CO2 deposits appear at each pole over autumn/winter and sublimate each spring. Thus CO2 levels in the atmosphere can vary considerably. Pollens from local Flora can also appear in the atmosphere in considerable quantities at temperatures over 5 Celsius and these can have psycho-chemical effects on Vargr and Human physiologies.
Surface temperature at the equator varies between -50 and +15 Celsius. It is anticipated that the temperature of the world will increase substantially over the coming millennia as the central star moves through the AGB branch of its lifecycle.
Dhaen has 75-85% of its surface covered by liquid water with a few large continents and extensive islands. Wilderness refueling is possible.
Mainworld Geography & Topography
No information yet available.
Includes mega-fauna of over 10 tons.
Much of the Fauna migrates to follow the sun, or Hibernates over winter. Some operate at varying levels of metabolism from a manic-phase to full hibernation; others with a smaller range of metabolic rates.
Flora falls into two categories:
- That which grows in the brief summer season and dies off over winter
- That which grows in the brief summer season and hibernates over winter
History & Background (Dossier)
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
The boatyard on Dhaen is more of an artisan craft workshop than an industrial scale affair. The quality of its craft is high and the boats sell well.
Dhaen has a Class B Starport, a good quality installation which includes all the expected amenities including refined fuel for starships, brokerage services for passengers and cargo, and a variety of ship provisions. There is a shipyard capable of doing annual maintenance, overhauls and most kinds of repair, and construction of non-starships. Most ports of this classification have both a Highport and a Downport.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Holovision, Personal Global Communications, and advanced Translators.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Increasingly advanced fusion plants and advanced fuel cells.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Dhaen is governed by a Representative Democracy where government leadership is representatives elected by eligible voters. What determines an eligible voter varies. The representatives determine policy, including selecting members of the bureaucracy. There can be referendum, votes by eligible voters on specific subjects.
World Law Level
Dhaen has a very law level. There are few laws, covering only important areas. There may be few or no law enforcement officers, the expectation is citizens will bring law breakers to the attention of the Judicial system. Legal proceedings will be fast, with few people involved. For interactions outside of the framework of the laws, cultural norms dominate.Machine guns, other automatic weapons, portable energy weapons, and other military weapons, body pistols, explosives, and poison gas are typically regulated or prohibited. This is the law as applied to resident Vargr. Dhaen are not permitted firearms at all.
No information yet available.
- This is a Nonindustrial World, too small to support the complete chain of production of most goods from start to finish.
- Most examples of this type are capable of resource extraction but lack an industrial base, in particular factories, to make use of the resources.
- 65% of the population is Aekhu Vargr
- 30% of the population is Logaksu Vargr
- 5% of the population is other Vargr
- Dhaen are not counted
The Vargr are over 90% concentrated at the starport
|-3,000,000||Star first becomes Class IV. Planet becomes marginally habitable|
|-300,000||Sudden appearance of a complete ecology including proto-Dhaen.|
|-100,000||Dhaen form tool-using communities.|
|-30,000||Dhaen form recognisable farming settlements|
|200s||"Discovered" by the Vargr. Dhaen are TL–1 or perhaps (marginally) TL–2.|
|284||Goldrush. First trade in Dhaen servants established.|