- 1 Market Ticker Code
- 2 Description (Portfolio)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 5 References & Contributors (Sources)
Market Ticker Code
This business entity is traded under the following interstellar market code/s:
Market Ticker Code Name Code Type Charter Remarks Ling-Standard Products LSP-Mega-Corp 4 to 12 alphanumeric character LIC Megacorporation producer of robots and other products.
LSP is one of the thirteen Imperial MegaCorporations in operation in 1105.
It specializes in the following commercial competencies:
- Mining (very active)
- Banking (small degree),
- Insurance (small degree), and...
- Other activities.
- Computer systems
- Consumer Goods
- Electronic equipment of all sorts,
- Ground & air vehicles,
- Starship armaments systems,
- Starship drive systems,
- Starship power systems,
- Small arms
- Weapons, and...
- A variety of other items.
Governance & Organization: 1105
LSP is organized by a board governed by votes. Senior board members possess more votes than junior members. The exact number of boards varies and can be changed and adapted to regional needs.
Stock ownership (1105):
- Hortalez et Cie- 26%
- GSbAG- 23%
- Imperial family- 8%
- Murdoch Holdings, LIC- 8%
- Noble families- 8%
- Other- 27%
- Baldang Arms
- Dashi Combine
- Ling Personnel Systems
- Ling-Standard Metals
- Ling Standard Products Spinward
- Military Technologies Group
Best Known Products & Services
This business is best known for:
History & Background (Dossier)
In the chaotic environment of the Rule Of Man, Terran Army veteran Captain John Meyers ventured into the newly conquered territories of the First Imperium to seek his fortune. He found it in supplying Terran Confederation forces with contract services: he succeeded because he was a familiar face in an alien (...and potentially hostile) culture. Although Meyers envisioned mining operations for his newly created company, his emphasis soon morphed Tinto a broad spectrum of services and production.
LSP survived the isolation of the Long Night as many independently operating divisions. With the rise of the Third Imperium, LSP's complex ownership structure enabled its many components to re-unite into a true megacorporation.
LSP currently engages in a wide spectrum of activities including (but by no means limited to) manufacture of electronic equipment of all sorts, ground and air vehicles, starships and starship armaments systems, drive systems, power systems, computer systems and software, small arms, and a variety of other items. Concerned to a small degree with banking, insurance, and other activities, LSP maintains mining and manufacturing facilities throughout the Imperium and beyond.
Trade Partners: 1105
Trade Competitors: 1105
LSP most often butts heads with other megacorporations, both Major Race and Imperial:
History-Era: New Era
Ling-Standard Products LRC, a former Imperial Megacorp. In antebellum times the company produced everything short of the kitchen sink. Compared to most of its Imperial era brethren, LSP was quiet and modest, and its success had less to do with chicanery and scheming than with solid corporate policies and management. But the desolation of the Imperial environment has given way to the extremely fluid and competitive markets of the Regency, and LSP has had to struggle to maintain its dominance in the face of new corporate competition. That it is still the largest company in the Regency is testament to its management and corporate vision, and it remains the benchmark by which all corporate activity is compared.
- LSP is still primarily a general manufacturer, though its starships and vehicles are the most noticeable of its massive product line. It maintains its headquarters at Lunion, and regional headquarters at Tobia and Dekha. It has shipyards at Rhylanor, Lunion and Strouden (both the largest private yards in the Marches), Pallique and Mora, Ffudn and Glisten, Edenelt, Tobia, Seleen, Starn (largest private yard in the Regency), Isurkun, Dekha (Plant 12) and HRD/Vincennes, Qevar and Pikha.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
LSP maintains mining and manufacturing facilities throughout the Imperium and beyond.
Facilities Data: 1105
This business is known to host facilities in the following locations:
- No information yet available
World Listing: 1105
This business can be found on the following worlds and systems:
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Supplement 8 Library Data (A-M)
- Classic Traveller The Traveller Book
- MegaTraveller Referee's Companion
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Journal 3 in Article: 'Megacorporations in the Rebellion Era'
- Marc Miller. Marc Miller's Traveller (Imperium Games, 1996), 186.
- GURPS Traveller: Far Trader
- Peter Gray - Traveller TNE Mailing List Deneb Sector Library Data: Economics published 11 June 2001
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science