style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Government||Company or Corporation|
|Army Size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||1,322|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||8,000|
Flammarion has both an unbreathably thin atmosphere and a lack of surface water making habitation by sophonts difficult. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Flammarion, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. The system supports both an Imperial Naval Base and Way Station.
Astrography & Planetology
Flammarion lies on the Sisters' Reach of the Spinward Main, adjacent to the Bowman Arm. Flammarion is a member of the Spinward Main.
The system has both a small Naval Base located on the mainworld's single large moon and a Scout Base to serve the Xboat route through to Five Sisters.
Flammarion Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Flammarion
Primary Main Sequence 1.144 5700 - 6400 2.126 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01096 0.12094 1.16 - 1.89 1.096 10.96 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7
IISS GURPS Astrographics Survey
0930 Flammarion (Imperial)
Starport: Class V - Scout way station and naval base.
Diameter: 5,878 miles (9,400 km).
Atmosphere: Very thin (unbreathable), consisting mainly of nitrogen.
Population: 770,000 (employees of Ling Standard Products or their dependents).
Government: Subjugated (Ling Standard Products).
Control Level: 2.
Tech Level: 9.
World Trade Number: 4.0.
History & Background / Dossier
Ling-Standard Products has long owned Flammarion.
Imperial High / Landed Nobility
Flammarion, as a member world of the Third Imperium has a member of the Imperial Nobility overseeing the world.
This is part of the Duchy of Iderati
History: Milieu 1248
Flammarion is still a loyal world of the Imperial Regency. It had long operated as an isolated outpost during pre-Civil War times, and reverted to that operation. The Imperial Regency greatly values this distant outpost and keeps the world heavily fortified and defended. This world should always be considered an Amber Zone, and considered to have a law level of “F” to anyone not from the Imperial Regency. Non-Regency traffic has learned to avoid the world.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 16-17.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 44-45. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 68.
- Martin Dougherty. Bowman Arm (Avenger Enterprises, 2006), 9.
- Martin Dougherty. Type S (ComStar Games, 2008), 14,41.
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 109.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 89-92,96-97. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. Sword Worlds (Mongoose Publishing, 2020), .
- Michael Barry - Flammarion Landgrab
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- ↑ Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 110-111.