style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Law Level||No law|
|Army Size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||0|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Iron is a barren world with no registered population or government. The world has been set aside to preserve indigenous life forms, to delay resource development, or for other reasons. It is a member of Sword Worlds Confederation in the Sword Worlds Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Sword Worlds.
Astrography & Planetology
Iron is a member of the Spinward Main. Iron is one of the Metal Worlds.
The planet is mostly covered by steaming oceans and is virtually uninhabited. Iron has a hot climate and a very thin oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere with a rapidly disappearing taint of volcanic gas (sulfur compound). Iron orbits its primary, CN4335686, at a distance of 2.40 AU. Iron has one large moon.
Iron Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) CN4335686
Primary Main Sequence 1.7 6900 - 7400 8.1 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01582 0.23606 2.26 - 3.69 1.582 15.82 Orbit # * 0 5 4 8
History & Background (Dossier)
During the Fifth Frontier War Iron was invaded and occupied by Imperial Forces. The Imperium annexed Iron along with the rest of the Metal Worlds.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 16-17.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. "The Hiawath Gambit." The Travellers' Digest 20 (1990): .
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 44-45. (UWP only)W
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 72.
- Paul Drye, Hans Rancke-Madsen, Robert Prior. Sword Worlds (Steve Jackson Games, 2004), 70.
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 109. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 89-92,96-97. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. Sword Worlds (Mongoose Publishing, 2020), .
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com