Fleet Class Ship
- While larger than the battle class haulers, their cost to operations efficiency is judged lower except on specialized missions.
- It takes dedicated resources, staffing, training, and support systems to operate such vessels.
- They normally rule the battlefield or dominate interstellar trade, occupying large capital ship hulls.
Library Data Referral Tree
- Starship User Types
- Advanced Ship Classifications
- Basic Ship Classifications
- Ships by Function
- Speed of Travel
Fleet Class Ships are what many envision when the phrase capital ship is used. They are big enough to make a massive difference at any mission they perform and one FCS is often superior to an equivalent tonnage pf BCS'es.
The drawback is that they are hugely expensive and the loss of even one is a major blow to its former owner. As impressive as a great victory is, a great loss is at least as devastating. FCS is a significant
These vary in tonnage and in their intended function or role in fleet maneuvers and tactics. The security of the state is usually the primary design imperative. 
|Ship Classification by Size in TL:13-15 |
|1.||Smallcraft (Subcraft)||0 to 99 tons||Vehicle||Ubiquitous||Smallcraft are NAFAL or STL.|
|2.||Bigcraft (Subcraft)||100 tons or larger||Vehicle or Ship||Uncommon||Bigcraft are designed for NAFAL capabilities, but some mistakenly call them FTL.|
|3.||Largecraft (Non-subcraft)||100 tons or larger||Vehicle or Ship||Uncommon||Largecraft are designed FTL.|
|4.||Adventure Class Ships (ACS)||100 to 2,499 tons||Ship or Vessel||Common||Adventure Class ships may be FTL or NAFAL.|
|5.||Battle Class Ships (BCS)||2,500 to 249,999 tons||Ship or Vessel||Uncommon||Battle Class ships may be FTL or NAFAL.|
|6.||Fleet Class Ships (FCS)||250,000 to 999,999 tons||Ship or Vessel||Rare||Fleet Class ships may be FTL or NAFAL.|
|7.||World Class Ships (WCS)||1,000,000 tons or larger||Ship or Vessel||Ultra-rare||World Class ships may be FTL or NAFAL.|
|This article has Metadata|
- T5 Core Rules
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Ronald B. Kline, Jr.
- An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak