Variant Non-Human Race
A Variant Non-Human Race is a distinct intelligent species, not of the human species or a subspecies thereof.
- They were created by genetic engineering performed on a species after it has achieved sophontdom, but not necessarily become a member of the interstellar community.
Library Data Referral Tree
- Human Race
- Major Race
- Minor Race
- Non-human Race
- Variant Race
- B: Biology / Biotechnology (Bio-)
- Artificial Womb
- Bio-Identenoid (Typoid)
- Genetic Engineering AKA Geneering
- Personality Recording
- Relict Regeneration
- Replacement Body Part
Reproduction or perpetuation of a species is one of the primary drives of a sophont species. It is by no surprise that many sophonts not only perpetuate their own race, but also seek to create or modify new lifeforms.
Non-human Geneered Species
A few of the genetically engineered species that exist within Charted Space include:
- Non-Terragens (Non-human races of a non-Terran origin)
- Terragens (Non-human races of a Terran origin)