Uplifted Terran bears. The face of a grizzled Ursa
|Homeworld location||Khush (Ley 1804)|
|Primary Star||G2 V|
|Reference||The Traveller's Handbook 28-29.|
The Ursa are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
Sophonts genetically engineered by early Solomani from Terran "bear" stock. When this phase of Solomani arrogance came to an end, attempts were made to destroy the Ursa. Some of the Ursa escaped and split into two groups. One enclave made their way to Shishkala (Corridor 1607), in the Domain of Deneb. The other group made their way to Khush (Ley 1804), in the Domain of Gateway, beyond the border of the Third Imperium.
The Solomani originally created the Ursa as an experiment. GenAssist decided the uplift was not going to produce the results they desired, and attempted to terminate the program. The worlds on which the Ursa were first successfully raised to sophonce is unknown.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race is primarily located in the following areas:
- Corridor Sector
- Fornast Sector
- Ley Sector
The homeworlds of this race:
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
|This article has two or more sources with conflicting information. Because the conflict has not been resolved, all sources are linked to this article.|
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 28-29.
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. Gateway to Destiny (QuikLink Interactive, 2004), 36-37.
- Gregory P. Lee. Cirque (Greylock Publishing, 2014), 8,37.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science