Homo luriani sapiens
|Status||Minor Human Race|
|Homeworld location||Daramm (Ley 0812)|
|Primary Star||K0 V|
- 1 Biology (Physical Sophontology)
- 1.1 Evolution & Environment (Epigenetics)
- 1.2 Anatomy & Physiology (Phenotype)
- 2 Psychology (Cultural Sophontology)
- 3 Astrography
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Biology (Physical Sophontology)
The Ancients did extensive genetic engineering in the Luriani to adapt them to the water world that is their home, including webbed feet and hands, an ability to surive on the oxygen in their blood stream for up to an hour, and dive to much greater depths than normal humans. Unlike most minor human races, the Luriani are classified as a seperate species, Homo luriani. As such they are not interfertile with other humans without extensive genetic engineering.
Evolution & Environment (Epigenetics)
This species originated on Daramm (world) and developed intelligence.
This species developed intelligence in response to climactic factors.
Climate & Ecotope (Environment)
This species holds the following environmental preferences:
- Terrestrial planet (water world)
- Temperate climate
- Oceanic ecotopes (aquatic adaptation)
- Standard gravity
- Standard atmosphere
Anatomy & Physiology (Phenotype)
Sophontologists studying this species have discovered the following data.
Body Plan (Morphology)
- Bilateral symmetry (2-ial)
- Tetrapod (4-ped)
- Two limbs used for manipulation "arms"
- Two limbs used for locomotion (biped) "legs"
- Body consists of three segments
- Head with sensors and multiple-use orifice (consumption, communication, and respiration)
- Torso with manipulatory limbs
- Abdomen with locomotor limbs
This species has a conventional carbon-water based biochemistry.
This species employs a conventional respiration cycle consisting of:
- Oxygen-nitrogen inhalant
- Carbon dioxide exhalant
Diet & Trophics (Consumption)
- Apex predator
- This species favors a mix of foodstuffs.
Gender & Sexuality (Reproduction)
This species has the following reproductive characteristics:
- Two genders (male & female)
- Mild sexual dimorphism
- (sexual reproduction)
- Conjugal intercourse
- Varied mating systems (primarily serial monogamy) (1m:1f average)
- Viviparous birth
- (Iteroparous): Uses K-selection and have few offspring that require considerable amounts of time to raise to maturity.
Adolescence & Lifecycle (Ontogeny)
Unlike most minor human races, the Luriani are classified as a seperate species, Homo luriani. As such they are not interfertile with other humans without extensive genetic engineering.
Psychology (Cultural Sophontology)
The race has a widespread reputation for being highly emotional and unpredictable. They are also noted for their mistrust and dislike of Vilani due to their near genocide during the Ziru Sirka in a unique event known as the 'Year of Woe'
Culture & Society (Ethnology)
Their culture is based around close knit family groups and governed by extensive rules of etiquette and honour. Luriani are best known for the artistic and musical achievements.
Social Organization: 1116
The Imperium has established an Order of Knighthood specifically for loyal Luriani citizens: The Order of Eerynaaia.
Civilization (Societal Sophontology)
The civilization and society of this species is known as Luriani Cultural Association.
This race is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race is: