K'Bam class Assault Lander
|K'Bam class Assault Lander|
|Type: UIA Assault Lander|
|Hull Configuration||TBD Hull|
|Crew||5 with 4 Marines|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
Qty: MCr 6.604
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
It is a combat smallcraft with 1-G and J-1 performance with a streamlined hull. The Spemin use this bio-organic hull for boarding actions. It is designed to deliver a single fire team of assault marines as a boarding party to hijack enemy shipping. Their propensity for piracy makes "enemies" a subjective term.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
Hard ossified bony heat sheathing is configured into a crude conical shape. Grappling tentacles hardened to resist vacuum desiccation can use their immense strength and suction to overpower hatches and iris valves. The slimy marines in their vacuum kit are disgorged to loot the innards of their unfortunate victims.
Each vessel has characteristic bio luminescent and genetic markers that allow specially equipped operators to distinguish between examples of the class. Members of other species have a more difficult time telling them apart.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Spemin colonies grow and genetically craft these ships to be carried into combat aboard larger, more capable motherships. Their prismatic spore casters are mainly defensive in nature, although the particulate velocity can erase unshielded personnel. They are typically escorted by K'Pow Class Fighters who fly over-watch and bombard targets with their missile pods. They seek to knock out a target's weapons and drives to facilitate boarding.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type UI class Combat Transport Smallcraft
- Aekguthand class Assault Cutter
- Assault Lander class Marine Gig
- Coeus class Assault Pinnace
- Gallant class Assault Shuttle
- Great Eastern class Troop Transport
- K'Bam class Assault Lander
- Kihrvak Platoon Drop Ship class Marine Cutter
- K'Slice class Attacker Tender
- Lowalaa class Assault Cutter
- Mal'Gnar class Assault Skiff
- Nirvana class Modular Dropship
- Paulos class Troop Transport
- Raptor class Combat Lander
- Slicer class Assault Shuttle
- Steffern class Assault Lander
- Sturmge class Assault Shuttle
- TC02 Grave Endeavor class Dropship
- TC04 Valkyrie class Dropship
- Type-1112 class Landing Boat
- Ziigusna class Military Pinnace
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|