Pride of Vland class Long Liner
|Pride of Vland class Long Liner|
|Type: RP Long Liner|
|Also see||Merchant Vessel - Liner|
|Architect||Gary L. Thomas|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||24 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||The Travellers' Digest 04 TBD.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Pride of Vland class Long Liner is a mercantile starship.
- It carries light defensive armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries a subcraft and drones when needed.
- It has a 14 sophont crew and no marines.
The Pride of Vland class Long Liner is the Tukera long-liner, the main-route passenger transport serving much of the Imperium. The Tukera long-liner is a proprietary Tukera Lines design, and is operated on many of Tukera's routes as a standard passenger liner. Build sturdily and intended to last in service for decades, the long-liner maintains a standard of quality service that other lines try to match.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
In merchant service, the single greatest threat to a ship is hijacking. Ships themselves are extremely valuable and extremely mobile. As a result, this sort of ship is designed to foil hijackings. The crew quarters, the drive rooms, and the bridge are all behind solid bulkheads, accessible through a limited number of portals. These accesses can be guarded by the crew in the course of their normal activities, with backup safeguards operated by the ship's computer.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Tukera's long-liners are named to recall worlds it serves: Pride of Vland, Deneb Express, Spirit of Rhylanor, and Gold of Zurrian.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type RP class Passenger Liner AKA Passenger Liner
- Ad Astra class Subsidized Liner
- Bastien class Subsidized Liner
- Brilliance class Long Liner
- Giiphicih class Liner
- Gold of Zurrian class Long Liner
- Margaret class Longliner
- Pride of Vland class Long Liner
- Stellar class Liner
- Tukera class Longliner
- Type HP class Passenger Liner
- Type M class Subsidized Liner
- Type RT class Longliner
- Virtue class Light Freighter
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 04 (Digest Group Publications, 1986), TBD.
- Joe Fugate, Gary L. Thomas. The Early Adventures (Digest Group Publications, 1988), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science