From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Date: 1,109 Imperial|
|Previous and Following Years|
|1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108|
|1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119|
|See also:||Date Conversion
- Fifth Frontier War (1107 to 1110) between the Third Imperium and the Zhodani Consulate.
- A new Imperial Research Station is commissioned in 728-907 (Spinward Marches 1214), focusing on high-energy research, by a consortium of Spinward Marches universities and corporations.
- The Trepida grav tank class became standard issue Imperial grav tank (at least at the high end of the technology level scale).
- The crew of the Imperial destroyer "Midu Kunivaak" is rescued after a misjump by a mysterious, unknown vessel.
- In the wake of the Jesedipere Incident, the Marquis of Aramis removes Lewis (Spinward Marches 3107) red zone interdiction.
- The Military College of Mora (Spinward Marches 3124) is setup as a crash program around relocated experts from threatened worlds.
- Alesia Lai Volentine dies leading a rescue attempt on Mertactor (Spinward Marches 1537) after the Sharron Dale subsidized liner suffers catastrophic reentry into the atmosphere.
- 130-1109 Rampart IV fighter begins operational deployment in Spinward Marches.
- Ling-Standard Products petitions to take over administration of Bowman (Spinward Marches 1132).
- A coup topples the Dictator for the Duration on Thisbe (Spinward Marches 2539) after bungles cause a terraforming attempt to almost destroy the city of Giinar.
- The Contraband Order of 1109 imposes severe restrictions on specific imports to Karin (Spinward Marches 0534).
- Human visitors discover the wreck of the "Pathfinder" on Kusyu (Dark Nebula 1919).
- Dr. Brian Stokes, a Vilani Professor of Sociology at the Tomutov Institute on Antares (Antares 2421), travels to Kirur (Ruupiin 1315) and back as a guest of the Khiir' family on their Xeekr'kir! class Merchant ship.
- A Transstar liner at Chernozem (Solomani Rim 1836) is struck by debris that "appeared from nowhere", eventually identified as the docking mechanism from an obsolete Valhalla-Class Battle Rider.
- Terra (Solomani Rim 1827) returned to home rule - a civil service bureaucracy - by the Imperium.
- The Grieel Fleet of the Ekhlle Ksafi (from Gvurrdon sector) is destroyed and the Uthith Fleet of the Ekhlle Ksafi forced to retreat.
- The notorious Starport Massacre, prematurely (from the Ildrissaran Patriots' point of view) triggered a full-scale planetary uprising on Ildrissar (Reaver's Deep 2326) against the Carrillian Assembly.
- The Sky Raiders' world-ship is discovered in open space, heading coreward through Inverness Subsector in Far Frontiers Sector.
- Htalrea (Reavers' Deep 1226) opened to human trade by the Principality of Caledon via the Confederacy of Duncinae.
- Darrian Confederation forces are deployed to Zamine (Spinward Marches 0421) after a series of violent demonstrations in several nations.
- Caledon Ventures made contact with and opened up trade with the native Polyphemes of Htalrea (Reaver's Deep 0226).
- Zhodani forces prosecuting the siege of Efate (Spinward Marches 1705) half-heartedly; the Zhodani 40th Fleet begins a deep thrust across Vilis and Lanth Subsectors towards Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716).
- An expanded six-battalion 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment operates on Forboldn (Spinward Marches 1807), Alell (Spinward Marches 1706), Efate (Spinward Marches 1705) and Victoria (Spinward Marches 1817).
- New elections to Zhodani Supreme Council positions, and the deteriorating war position, lead to a majority favoring a settlement.
- The Tapperheten Incident: The Sword Worlds heavy cruiser "Tapperheten", raiding Imperial commerce, was chased down by three Imperial light cruisers and destroyed in the Faldor (Spinward Marches 1131) system.
- 071-1109 Last sighting of the "Falchion", a Sword Worlds-based Broadsword class Mercenary Cruiser, after raiding Lanth (Spinward Marches 1719).
- 083-1109 Imperial forces retake Yorbund (Spinward Marches 2303) with a single platoon of Marines boarding the world's orbital habitat.
- An uprising on Edenelt (Spinward Marches 2733) overthrows the long-established Lord High Marshal, replacing him with a council of environmentalists. The repaired 154th Battle Rider Squadron is reassigned to the Imperial 100th Fleet and the pursuit of the Gram Fleet into the Sword Worlds, and the occupation of Durendal (Spinward Marches 1523).
- The Imperial 214th Fleet, based on Glisten (Spinward Marches 2036), moves to the Sword Worlds rimward border.
- Both the Zhodani and Imperial commands begin rotating the better classes of ships involved with the siege of Efate (Spinward Marches 1705) to other fronts.
- 132-1109 Duke Norris Aella Aledon of Regina seizes control of all Spinward Marches fleet assets under the authority of an Imperial Warrant, relieving Admiral Santanocheev of command. Duke Norris promotes Commodore Vrin Tildallin to Vice Admiral and gives him command of the Regina subsector fleet.
- 180-1109 The Sword Worlds Joyeuse Fleet, never able to make any headway towards Vilis (Spinward Marches 1119) through the Imperial 23rd Fleet, is reduced to holding the Sword Worlds border.
- A Zhodani squadron makes a fast raid against Mirriam (Spinward Marches 1315), landing assault troops on its lunar naval base.
- Imperial 214th Fleet destroys the Sword Worlds Sacnoth Fleet in a pitched battle at Sting (Spinward Marches 1525); Imperial 213th Fleet forces the Sword Worlds Gram Fleet back to Gram (Spinward Marches 1223).
- 190-1109 Duke Norris orders the Corridor Fleet from Roup (Spinward Marches 2007) back to protect Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716).
- 200-1109 Zhodani 40th Fleet is forced to stop atTureded (Spinward Marches 2414) after discovering that the secret base the Zhodani had built at Fulacin (Spinward Marches 2613) had been compromised.
- 211-1109 The Imperial 100th Fleet forces the remnants of the Sword Worlds Gram Fleet out of Lanth Subsector.
- Battle of Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716): Zhodani 40th Fleet reaches Rhylanor only to face the Imperial Corridor Fleet, takes critical losses and is forced to retreat.
- 233-1109 Operation Azhanti Sunrise is launched, as Imperial troops land simultaneously on Sting (Spinward Marches 1525), Hofud (Spinward Marches 1524), Durendal (Spinward Marches 1523) and Dyrnwyn (Spinward Marches 1522).
- Imperial Guard regiments dispatched from Capital (Core 2118) to the defense of Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716), but arrive after the Zhodani thrust at Rhylanor is thrown back by the Corridor Fleet.
- 241-1109 After several severe defeats, all Sword Worlds' incursions into Imperial territory have been stopped with the surrender of Confederation ground forces on Lanth (Spinward Marches 1719).
- The Zhodani 40th Fleet strikes towards Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716), but is defeated at Porozlo (Spinward Marches 2715) and Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716)by the Corridor Fleet and forced to withdraw.
- Zhodani 40th fleet retreating from Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716) ambushed at Calit (Spinward Marches 1515) by elements of the Imperial 23rd fleet, and effectively eliminated before it can escape back across the border.
- 285-1109 Imperial 214th Fleet seizes the "metal" systems from the Sword Worlds Confederation in a short 60-day operation.
- 350-1109 Saurus (Spinward Marches 1320) is retaken by Imperials, but processing the prisoners is delayed by the local’s insistence on throwing a going-away party for Oberst Junea Ostotz and her troops.
- Despite the failure of the Riverland (Spinward Marches 1102) campaign, Colonel Bond and his SB Rangers build a reputation as reliable, even by Admiral Vadid Ligl's standards.
- The Fifth Frontier War hostilities end.