Free University of Ushra
The university is acknowledged as a center of excellence in many subjects, both arts and sciences, but is particularly well known for its historical/sophontological studies and its research in physical science and engineering.
- One of the greatest claims to fame of the Engineering Faculty is its formation of OrbiTower Corporation, the design consultancy which drew up the plans for Dagudashaag’s first beanstalk on Gateway (Dagudashaag 1331).
- A branch of the University is the University of Ushra Institute of Advanced Technology.
- The Free University of Ushrahas a surface base at Shabamiir. The base was attacked by the Red Eagles in their last major act that could be traced to the Red Eagles. The attack resulted in the death of 100 University personnel. The Red Eagles claimed this attack was because Ushra had "sold out" the Solomani ideal.
- The Free University of Ushra maintains a base on Uaam (world) in order to study the fascinating neolithic race known as the Jala'Lak.
- For centuries Icarbus has been an important archaeological site. The site is maintained by staff from both the Free University of Ushra and the Theimr Aekl.
- The Free University of Ushra and the University of Medurma maintain a colony of biologists on Gesalt (Dagudashaag 2439) to study the early evolution of life on the world.
History & Background (Dossier)
Founded as the Republican Military Scientific Academy in -1440, the University has since grown to number some 40,000 permanent teaching staff and 200,000 students.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This institution is primarily based out of the following sector:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|