|Chernozem/Gemini (Solomani Rim 1836)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- It lacks adequate resources to expand its economy to a rich status.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Gemini Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector.
- The system is part of the Near Boötes Cluster.
It is a world with four small moons.
Large portions of Chernozem are arid steppe or desert, with wide stretches of deeply fertile soil resembling the “black earth” of ancient Russia.
1836 Chernozem (Solomani)
Starport: Class V.
Diameter: 9,800 miles (15,700 km). Gravity: 1.61g.
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen.
Population: 1.8 billion.
Control Level: 2.
Tech Level: 10.
World Trade Number: 5.5.
History & Background (Dossier)
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation.
- Chernozem is the highest population world in the subsector.
The world was settled by Terrans from a Russian consortium in -2200. The colony struggled heroically against a wide variety of disasters, but emerged from the Long Night as a society with a supremely pragmatic confidence in its own ability to meet any challenge.
Chernozem citizens are fierce Solomani nationalists and an extremely high percentage of its citizens serve in the Confederation military. Chernozem is officially governed by an elected Duma, although real power is held by a civil-service bureaucracy which answers to the president’s cabinet.