|Capital Ship Combatants||Escort Combatants||Military Smallcraft||Support Ships|
|Battleship||Cruiser||Carrier||Destroyer||Escort||Frigate||System Defense Boat||Fighter||Assault Transport||Smallcraft||Auxiliaries|
|Commercial Mercantile Ships||Non-Mercantile Commercial Ships||Non-Commercial Ships||Civilian Smallcraft||Highports & Satellites|
|Merchant||Liner||Transport||Commercial Industrial||Commercial Ships||General||Research||Private||Auxiliary|| Orbital
- They come in both civilian and military variants.
- It is a smallcraft supraclass.
- The Supraclass designation is also known as Ship Mission, Ship Mission Code, Mission, or Ship Hull Designation.
They typically displace 20.0 tons, and are capable of 1.0 G acceleration and can carry up to three conscious passengers.
- In addition, they often contain five emergency low berths, each capable of holding four persons in cold sleep. Thus a standard life boat can often carry a total of 23 sophonts.
- Life boats are almost always unarmed.
Strategy & Tactics (Doctrine)
Life Boats or Escape Pods are typically stationed on larger ships as an emergency precaution. Smaller ships typically do not carry them or use a smallcraft in this role.
- Most such craft are unarmed and defenseless and are easily destroyed by a military or paramilitary aggressor.
Life Boats typically serve the following roles:
No information yet available.
Since the earliest days of spaceflight, emergency precautions and craft have been operated. The modern lifeboat is inexpensive and capable of sustaining life for a limited period, or achieving planetfall in most models.
Selected Life Boat Variant Types & Classes
- Type U class Auxiliary
Ship Summary List
- Marc Miller. Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), TBD.
- Dave Sering. Starships and Spacecraft (Judges Guild, 1979), TBD.
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), TBD.
- Loren Wiseman. Marooned/Marooned Alone (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 78.
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- S.R. Greene. SGS: Imperial Small Craft (Seeker Gaming Systems, 1992), TBD.
- S.R. Greene. SGS: Imperial Small Craft Vol. 2 (Seeker Gaming Systems, 1992), TBD.
- Dave Nilsen. Reformation Coalition Equipment Guide (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), TBD.
- Don Perrin. Starships (Imperium Games, 1996), 8.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science