|Capital Ship Combatants||Escort Combatants||Military Smallcraft||Support Ships|
|Battleship||Cruiser||Carrier||Destroyer||Escort||Frigate||System Defense Boat||Fighter||Assault Transport||Smallcraft||Auxiliaries|
|Commercial Mercantile Ships||Non-Mercantile Commercial Ships||Non-Commercial Ships||Civilian Smallcraft||Highports & Satellites|
|Merchant||Liner||Transport||Commercial Industrial||Commercial Ships||General||Research||Private||Auxiliary|| Orbital
Liners are a commercial or mercantile spacecraft and starcraft. Some shipping companies refer to themselves as "lines" and their ships, which often operate over set routes according to established schedules, as "liners".
- They are not intended for military use and have little recourse other than to flee for their lives if confronted by corsairs, raiders, or other hostile vessels. They are typically unarmed.
- Most, but not all, liners run to a schedule with set destinations. Tramp liners are one of the exceptions to set schedules and destinations.
- Cargo Liners transport cargo, general freight, raw materials, resources, manufactured goods, merchandise, and more. Many have cargo holds adapted to particular services, with refrigerator space for frozen foodstuffs, tanks for liquid cargos such as petrols or ship fuel, secure lockers for valuables, and even mail vaults for interstellar mail.
- Passenger Liners typically carry passengers as well, often in multiple travel classes.
- Starship User Types
- Ships by Function
- Advanced Ship Classifications
- Basic Ship Classifications
- Speed of Travel
A Liner is a civilian commercial ship designed for cargo or passenger transport.
- Liners are usually assigned a Hull Classification of "R"
Strategy & Tactics (Doctrine)
Subsidized liners are a commercial or mercantile starcraft. They are not intended for military use and have little recourse other than to flee for their lives if confronted by corsairs or other hostile vessels.
Liners typically serve the following roles:
- Cargo Haulers
- Cargo Liners
- Container Ships
- Cruise Ships
- Freight Carriers
- Freight Liners
- Hospital Ships
- Impromptu Troop Transport
- Luxury Liners
- Luxury Star Liners
- Merchant Liners
- Packet Boats
- Packet Liners
- Passenger Liners
- Passenger Transport
- Space Liners
- Subsidized Liners
- Subsidized Merchants
- Tramp Liner
These ship types include the following:
|Luxury Liner (R)||A starship liner equipped for sumptuous living, primarily for transporting passengers|
|Merchant Liner (RM)||Merchant Liners are general-purpose design starships, intended to carry both passengers and freight. They are larger than the Far Traders intended for cargoes over 200 tons and over a dozen passengers|
|Subsidized Liner (RG)||A starship primarily for transporting passengers and mail subsidized by local government.|
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type M class Subsidized Liner
- Type R class Luxury Liner
- Animal class Liner
- Astral Splendour class Luxury Liner
- Brilliant Gem class Cruise Liner
- Celestial Star class Liner
- Codori Prime class Luxury Liner
- Fringian Cruise Liner
- Horizon class Passenger Liner
- Independence of the Stars class Liner
- King Richard class Interstellar Liner
- Royal class Liner
- Shianjo class Liner
- Stellar class Liner
- World class Luxury Liner
- Type RT class Longliner
- Type RC class Cargo Liner
- Anhk class Merchant
- Bastien class Merchant Liner
- Bloodwell class Merchant
- Caccil class Merchant
- Dakaar class Merchant Transport
- Fringian Cargo Barge
- Garrett Durant class Cargo Hauler
- Hercules class Cargo Transport
- Jose Cadiz Royal Galleon class Cargo Carrier
- Vespir class Large Freighter
- Xeekr'kir! class Merchant
- Type RM class Merchant Liner
Ship Summary List
These are among the most common liners found around Charted Space:
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- . (, 1977), 19.
- . (, 1979), TBD.
- , , . (, 1980), 20-26.
- . (, 1983), 11.
- . (, 1994), TBD.
- . (, 2006), 1-44.
- Subsidized Liner Traveller: The New Era Main Rulebook (pg. 376)
- . (, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- , , . (, 1980), 20-26.