An Astronomical Unit is a unit of measurement of distance, frequently used to measure inter-planetary distances.
- The standard abbreviation is AU.
Imperial vs. Solomani Astronomical Unit Usage
Modern Imperial usage bases the AU on the distance between Capital and its sun, which happens to have an almost identical orbital distance to that of Terra around Sol. This definition of the AU was broadly adopted following the Solomani Rim War, in order to avoid the use of specifically Terrocentric metrics.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Astronomical_unit. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
- . (, 1987), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: A Kuiper Belt Glossary Jeol Parker
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Ade Stewart