|Generic Slow Boat|
Published, canon design.
|Type: U Auxiliary|
|Architect||Published, canon design with Keith illustration.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard generation.|
- It is also known as the Type U class Slow Boat. It typically comes in a 30 ton smallcraft variation, but other variations are possible including larger bigcraft.
- It is a smallcraft.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
Most Common Standardized Smallcraft Types
- Cutter (50-ton)
- Fighter (10-ton)
- Launch (20-ton)
- Pinnace (40-ton)
- Ship's Boat (30-ton)
- Shuttle (95-ton)
- Slow Boat (30-ton)
- Slow Pinnace (40-ton)
The Slow Boat was developed as a more cost efficient version of the standard ship’s boat. It has become one of the eight most popular and commonly encountered smallcraft designs found within Charted Space.
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller. Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 18.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 78.
- Rob Caswell, William W. Connors, Joe Fugate, Gary L. Thomas. Starship Operator's Manual (Digest Group Publications, 1988), 58.
- Don Perrin. Starships (Imperium Games, 1996), 12-13.
- Bryan Steele. Traders and Gunboats (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science