From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
- Speed of Travel
One (Solomani) light-week is equal to:
The exact length of the light-week depends on the length of the reference week used in the calculation.
- Within the Imperium, an Imperial standard week of 168 Imperial standard hours is used.
- The light-week is often used to measure distances between worlds within systems.
- The preferred unit of measurement for such distances is the astronomical unit (AU).
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), TBD.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 5.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 7.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 615.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science