P-class Corsair Vessels AKA Corsairs are predatory ships that attempt to control space and disrupt merchant trading:
- The Supraclass designation is also known as Ship Mission, Ship Mission Code, Mission, or Ship Hull Designation.
- It is a starship supraclass.
- 1 Library Data Referral Tree
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Library Data Referral Tree
- Starship User Types
- Advanced Ship Classifications
- Basic Ship Classifications
- Ships by Function
- Speed of Travel
Corsairs are infamous throughout space, especially the dreaded Vargr corsair! Corsair vessels may be purposefully built at rogue shipyard or, as often as not, converted from existing ship types and classes.
- Piracy is one of the scourges of Interstellar Trade within Charted Space.
- Some vessels act as privateers with legal imprimatur or commerce raiders under military purview.
- And even other vessels act as Q-ships in a distinctly anti-piracy mission and role. Q-ships are technically H-class security vessels, but are included in this entry since they interact with Type-Ps by design.
- The ubiquitous Rrazaaghz class Corsair, common through the Vargr Extents and coreward Imperial Space.
- A typical Nishemani class Corsair viewed from the side, showing off its expansive hull.
- A typical Nishemani class Corsair viewed from the rear, exposing it's large cargo bay, lying in ambush in an asteroid field.
Strategy & Tactics (Doctrine)
Corsair vessels are typically ambush ships, hoping to surprise, overcome, and loot unarmed victims. Prize vessels are always desired as well. Most predatory pirate vessels carry boarders not only to overcome enemy crew, but to temporarily crew captured vessels until they can be sold or otherwise disposed of.
Corsairs typically serve the following supraclass roles:
- Buccaneer Vessel (P)
- Commerce Protection Vessel (PR)
- Commerce Raider (PR)
- Corsair Vessel (P) (Namesake)
- Fast Attack Craft (PG)
- Frontier Raider (PR)
- Gunboat (PG)
- Hijacker Vessel (PR)
- Light Attack Boat (PG)
- Marauder (PR)
- Marauder Vessel (PR)
- Pirate Ship (P)
- Privateer (PR)
- Raider Vessel (PR)
- Reaver Ship (P)
- Scout Raider (PR)
- Slave Transport (PS)
- Slaver Vessel (PS)
- Vargr Corsair Vessel (PV)
Supraclass Archetypal Roles
These vessels typically serve the following archetypal roles:
|P-class Corsair Vessel Supraclass Archetypes|
|Corsair Vessel||P (Namesake)||Nishemani class Corsair|| This is an overall category of vessels that conduct piracy and raiding missions on behalf of private parties.
|Gunboat||PG||Griffon class Gunship|| Gunboats are a class of very light combatant craft.
|Privateer Vessel||PP||TBD class Privateer|| Privateers are a polity-sanctioned vessel that raids opposing polity vessels with a legal sanction.
|Raider Vessel||PR||Chameleon class Commerce Raider|| Raider vessels attempt to attack enemy ships and assets in order to degrade their war making capability.
|Slaver Vessel||PS||Hkisyeleaa class Slaver|| Slaver vessels take, raid, transport, and otherwise handle slaves.
|Vargr Corsair Vessel||PV||Rrazaghz class Corsair|| Vargr society institutionalizes corsair practices as part of the Vargr Extents and such ships are in widespread use.
|NOTES: There is semantic overlap between many of the classes and codes. Some codes organize by mission or capability, others by size and tonnage, and yet others by other characteristics.|
Vargr Corsairs: 1105
Some of the best known Vargr corsairs (pirates) include:
- Aegzaeng corsairs
- Aek Aeg corsairs
- Aengsoekkuervoe corsairs
- Atueguers corsairs
- Baknaelur corsairs
- Ethueng corsairs
- Goenghoedz corsairs
- Gvaekuers corsairs
- Huhh Kekk corsairs
- Ilksang Oekhgnoull corsairs
- Kforuzeng mega-corsairs
- Gvurknuesurrg, a secret organization of enforcers for the Kforuzeng
- Red Pelts corsairs
- Rrouring corsairs
- Uekuez corsairs
- Vekshan corsairs
- White Fang corsairs
- Zosokhsourztourrgh corsairs
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type P class Corsair
- Type PR class Raider
- Chameleon class Commerce Raider
- Habari class Raider
- Harrier class Commerce Raider
- Kaashik class Raider
- Kom class Commerce Raider
- Kranz class Raider Escort
- K'Thunk class Raider Tender
- Shark class Raider
- Slade Mark I class Frontier Raider
- Sokhkhun class Raider Q-Carrier
- Spul class Raider
- Vengeance class Commerce Raider
- Viper class Scout Raider
- Type VP class Corsair AKA Type PV class Vargr Corsair 
Ship Summary List
Some of the most commonly used vessels in the corsair role include:
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. Citizens of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Traders and Gunboats (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 15, 30, 44.
- Jim Cunningham. High Passage 2 (FASA, 1981), TBD.
- Dave Sering. Corsairs of the Turku Waste (Judges Guild, 1982), TBD.
- Mike Jackson. Third Imperium 01 (Galaxy Games, 1986), TBD.
- Mike Jackson. Third Imperium 04 (Galaxy Games, 1986), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), TBD.
- Rob Caswell, William W. Connors, Joe Fugate, Gary L. Thomas. Starship Operator's Manual (Digest Group Publications, 1988), TBD.
- TBD. SGS: Empress Marava (Seeker Gaming Systems, 1990), TBD.
- Charles E. Gannon. Assignment: Vigilante (Game Designers Workshop, 1992), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Letter of Marque (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Daniels, Jim McLean, Christopher Thrash. Far Trader (Steve Jackson Games, 1999), TBD.
- Salvatore T. Falco. Planetary Survey 3: Granicus (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Michael Taylor. The Forgotten War (QuikLink Interactive, 2004), TBD.
- Michael Taylor. Corsair (Avenger Enterprises, 2006), TBD.
- Bryan Steele. Traders and Gunboats (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), TBD.
- Simon Beal. Military Vehicles (Mongoose Publishing, 2009), TBD.
- Donavan Lambertus. Reprieve-class Escape Pod (DSL Ironworks, 2012), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: David's Encyclopedia Page
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science