Sydkai class Cruiser
|Sydkai class Cruiser|
Domain of Deneb vessel.
|Type: CVL Cruiser|
|Architect||George MacLure, Rob Prior, Charles Kalina.|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|Cost|| MCr1,312.004 (base) |
|Crew||27 +14 Frozen Watch |
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Origin||Domain of Deneb|
|Passengers|| 0 High/Med |
|Reference||MegaTraveller Journal 03|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Sydkai class Cruiser is a warship.
This vessel was designed, built and deployed “behind the claw,” its mission is long-term detached patrols of the frontier section. With the increasing boldness and potency of Vargr raiders along the Domain's frontier, these anti-piracy patrols have become increasingly important to the survival of the Domain."
The Flying Bridge of the vessel is located on the stern wing and the primary sensors are mounted directly below it. While this arrangement offers excellent visibility for small craft operations and holds the sensors clear of the hull, the exposed position is seen as a potential Achilles heel within the design: the vessel can effectively be decapitated with a single powerful hit.
- A Sydkai-class under spaceflight with a smallcraft about to dock.
- A computer-generated schematic of a specific hull of the Sydkai-class.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage||2000 Tons. Streamlined wedge configuration.|
|2.||Crew|| Total Crew Complement: x27 (+14).
Total Marine Complement: x46.
|4.||Electronics||The vessel has a flying bridge mounted on the stern wing. Model/9 [[fib Ship Computer, x2 backup Model/9 fib Ship Computers.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for a Sydkai class is:
x16 triple Missile Turrets.
|7.||Defenses||The hull is unarmored.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment.||Fuel Tankage: 660 Tons.|
|10.||Cost|| MCr1,312.004. |
MCr1,049.603 in quantity.
|11.||Construction Time||32.5 months or 130 weeks.|
|12.||Comments||Cargo Hold: 475.0 Tons.|
The Sydkai class Cruiser is a relatively new vessel in the service of the Domain of Deneb.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
All ships in the class take their names from capital or significant cities throughout the Domain of Deneb.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CVL class Very Light Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Rob Caswell. "Starship in Detail." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 44-46.
- Robert Eaglestone. Deneb Sector (Mongoose Publishing, 2012), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science