A Ship's Papers are a vessel's documents of ownership, authenticity, and registration. These documents are required to dock at most starports, for the purchase sale of the ship, any and all inspections, and usually required for onloading and offloading of any cargo or passengers.
The documents that are carried by a ship to allow it to meet all customs, immigration, health and safety requirements of its country of origin, and all the ports it will call at.
- Typically exact ship paper requirements will be listed in the The Port Authority Handbook located at the nearest space or starport.
Selected Ship Papers
Selected Ship Forms
- IN Form 3 Ship's Data
- IN Form 10 Ship Design Worksheet
- IN Form 11 Small Craft Design Worksheet
- TAS Form 3 Ship's Papers (Commercial)
- TAS Form 4 Ship Paragraph Description
- TAS Form 14 Cargo Manifest
- TAS Form 65 Starship Deck Plan (Small)
- TAS Form 66 Starship Deck Plan (Large)
Ship registration and licensing in Imperial Space and Charted Space is greatly limited by vast technological differences, a limited speed of FTL travel, and severe communication limitations mean that: Ships must retain old-fashioned ship registration and licensing paperwork for those places which can't handle more technological means of these records.
Traditional Ship Formatting
- 1. Ship performance specs
- 2. Armament & defenses
- 3. Subcraft & other data...
- 4. Crew specs, manufacturing data, and cost.
It is a vessel with 1-G and J-1 performance with a [[streamlined]] [[TBD hull]]. * It carries light armament and a [[defensive suite]]. * It ordinarily carries no [[subcraft]], no [[ship's vehicle]]s, and [[drone]]s when needed. * It has a # [[sophont]] [[crew]] and # [[marine]]s.
TAS Form 4 Ship Paragraph Description
- Using a #-ton hull, the Name-class is Ship Type. It mounts a jump drive-#, maneuver drive-#, and power plant-#, giving a performance of Jump-# and #-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for #.0 tons supports the power plant and Jump-# (...additional fuel #.0 tons). Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/# TBD. There are # staterooms and # low berths.
- The ship has # hard points and # tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are # turrets armed with TBD.
- There are # ship's vehicles: TBD. Cargo capacity is #.0 tons. The hull is not streamlined. There are # tons of waste space. Special features include TBD.
- The ship requires a crew of #: TBD. The ship can carry # passengers and # low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr# (...including discounts and fees). It takes # months to build and takes # months if built in quantity.
TAS Form 4 Example
- Using a 200-ton Wedge Hull, the Beowulf-class is a Free Trader. It mounts a jump drive-1, maneuver drive-1, and power plant-A, giving a performance of Jump-1 and 1-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for 30.0 tons supports the power plant and a Jump-1 (...additional fuel 5.0 tons). Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/1. There are 10 staterooms and 20 low berths.
- The ship has 2 hard points and 2 tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are 2 turrets armed with a variety of weaponry.
- There are no regularly equipped ship's vehicles: Although the capacity for a smallcraft is available. Cargo capacity is 82.0 tons. The hull is streamlined. There is less than a ton of waste space. Special features include a small mail vault.
- The ship requires a crew of 4: pilot, engineer, medic, and a steward. The ship can carry 6 passengers and 20 low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr37.08 (...including discounts and fees). It takes 11 months to build and takes 9 months if built in quantity.