A Ship's Papers are a vessel's documents of ownership, authenticity, and registration.
- While called papers, they are available in many media including plastic, electronic, and old fashioned plant-derived paper forms among others.
- They are the documents required to dock at any organized starport.
- They are required for purchase, sale, inspection, and other needs.
Library Data Referral Tree
- Naval Construction
- CBPUSAL (Hull)
- Deck Plan
- Imperial Ship Builders Association (ISBA)
- Imperial Standard Catalog Number (ISCN)
- Naval Architect AKA Shipwright
- Quick Ship Profile (QSP)
- Ship Equipment
- Ship's Papers
- Standard Equipment Identification (SEI)
- Starport Authority (SPA)
- Starship Engineering Package (SEP)
- Trader's Guild
- Travellers' Naval Architecture Society (TNAS)
- Universal Manufacturing Template (UMT)
- Universal Ship Profile (USP)
The documents that are carried by a ship to allow it to meet all customs, immigration, health and safety requirements of its country of origin, and all the ports it will call at.
- Typically exact ship paper requirements will be listed in the The Port Authority Handbook located at the nearest space or starport.
Selected Ship Papers
Selected Ship Forms
- IN Form 3 Ship's Data
- IN Form 10 Ship Design Worksheet
- IN Form 11 Small Craft Design Worksheet
- TAS Form 3 Ship's Papers (Commercial)
- TAS Form 4 Ship Paragraph Description
- TAS Form 14 Cargo Manifest
- TAS Form 65 Starship Deck Plan (Small)
- TAS Form 66 Starship Deck Plan (Large)
Ship registration and licensing in Imperial Space and Charted Space is greatly limited by vast technological differences, a limited speed of FTL travel, and severe communication limitations mean that: Ships must retain old-fashioned ship registration and licensing paperwork for those places which can't handle more technological means of these records.
Traditional Ship Formatting
- 1. Ship performance specs
- 2. Armament & defenses
- 3. Subcraft & other data...
- 4. Crew specs, manufacturing data, and cost.
It is a vessel with 1-G and J-1 performance with a [[streamlined]] [[TBD hull]]. * It carries light armament and a [[defensive suite]]. * It ordinarily carries no [[subcraft]], no [[ship's vehicle]]s, and [[drone]]s when needed. * It has a # [[sophont]] [[crew]] and # [[marine]]s.
TAS Form 4 Ship Paragraph Description
- Using a #-ton hull, the Name-class is Ship Type. It mounts a jump drive-#, maneuver drive-#, and power plant-#, giving a performance of Jump-# and #-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for #.0 tons supports the power plant and Jump-# (...additional fuel #.0 tons). Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/# TBD. There are # staterooms and # low berths.
- The ship has # hard points and # tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are # turrets armed with TBD.
- There are # ship's vehicles: TBD. Cargo capacity is #.0 tons. The hull is not streamlined. There are # tons of waste space. Special features include TBD.
- The ship requires a crew of #: TBD. The ship can carry # passengers and # low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr# (...including discounts and fees). It takes # months to build and takes # months if built in quantity.
TAS Form 4 Example
- Using a 200-ton Wedge Hull, the Beowulf-class is a Free Trader. It mounts a jump drive-1, maneuver drive-1, and power plant-A, giving a performance of Jump-1 and 1-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for 30.0 tons supports the power plant and a Jump-1 (...additional fuel 5.0 tons). Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/1. There are 10 staterooms and 20 low berths.
- The ship has 2 hard points and 2 tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are 2 turrets armed with a variety of weaponry.
- There are no regularly equipped ship's vehicles: Although the capacity for a smallcraft is available. Cargo capacity is 82.0 tons. The hull is streamlined. There is less than a ton of waste space. Special features include a small mail vault.
- The ship requires a crew of 4: pilot, engineer, medic, and a steward. The ship can carry 6 passengers and 20 low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr37.08 (...including discounts and fees). It takes 11 months to build and takes 9 months if built in quantity.
- The Traveller Logbook
- Supplement 9
- T5 Core Rules
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science