KE4 Horde class Sloop
|KE4 Horde class Sloop|
|Type: ES Sloop|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr395.376 (base)|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 2 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The KE4 Horde class Sloop is a light warship.
It is a vessel with 5-G and J-1 performance with a streamlined saucer hull. They are streamlined saucers capable of wilderness ocean refueling. They carry enough internal fuel for two jumps and are fitted with additional drop tanks for Jump-1 as needed for extended range operations.
- It carries light armament and a light defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries two subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones when needed.
- It has a 13 sophont crew and no marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|2.||Crew|| x13 crew
x6.5 double occupancy staterooms.
|4.||Electronics||Bridge. Model/4 fib computer|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|7.||Defenses|| Factor-3 hull armor.
|8.||Craft||x1 20-ton Gig|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification|
|10.||Cost|| MCr395.376 (base)|
|11.||Construction Time||64 weeks to build, 51 weeks in quantity.|
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 20.0 tons.|
They are used in patrols for the Korsumug Empire. They are faster than the battle scouts, but less well protected. They can carry more cargo, vehicles and are streamlined so that they can land on planetary surfaces. The two low berths are frequently used for prisoners or wounded.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type ES class Sloop
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science