|Primary||M0 V M1 V|
|Army size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||453|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,900|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Thanber has both an unbreathably thin atmosphere and a lack of surface water making habitation by sophonts difficult. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. It is a client state of Third Imperium in the Querion Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
|Army size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||9,322|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||9,500|
|Port passengers (annual)||33,700|
Era: New Era
Thanber is a poor, preindustrial world.
- The world has poor grade living conditions: a scarcity of water and a relatively sparse atmosphere.
- As a preindustrial world, this planet cannot yet manufacture enough high-technology resources to support a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This world hopes to one day be one of the subsectors industrial powerhouses, but hasn't realized that dream yet. The leaders of this world are regularly embarking on trade missions to attract more investment capital, worker-immigrants, and other necessary stepping stones to achieve this goal. It is a client state of Regency of Deneb in the Querion Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The world’s ruling technocrats are supported by Tukera Lines, who own the Starport, which is guarded by Tukera mercenaries rather than Imperial marines. The corporation’s costs are loaded onto visitors in the form of high tariffs on almost everything. The technocrats are opposed to any other power gaining a foothold in their system.
Binary Solar System
Thanber Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Notes Thanber Primary Primary Red M0 V Thanber Companion Secondary Red M1 V
0717 Thanber (Imperial Client State)
Starport: Class IV.
Diameter: 1,492 miles (2,400 km).
Atmosphere: Thin oxygen-nitrogen, tainted by micro-organisms.
Population: 2.003 million.
Government: Feudal technocracy.
Control Level: 2.
Tech Level: 10.
World Trade Number: 4.0.
History & Background (Dossier)
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Journal of the Travellers Aid Society No. 19 in Article: "The Ecology of Piracy on the Spinward Main"
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 40.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 45.
- Mongoose Traveller: Spinward Marches