A Laboratory Ship is a vessel dedicated to scientific pursuits.
- The best known of these ships is the well known Laboratory Ship.
- The Supraclass designation is also known as Ship Mission, Ship Mission Code, Mission, or Ship Hull Designation.
- It is a starship supraclass.
- Starship User Types
- Advanced Ship Classifications
- Basic Ship Classifications
- Ships by Function
- Speed of Travel
Research is an unending pursuit in the Imperium. A constant effort to understand the universe produces more than understanding; it creates products, markets, jobs, and profits. As a result, the research efforts of individuals and corporations are constantly moving forward.
Given many continuing research projects, it is only natural that mobile research platforms be designed and made available at reasonable prices. The Laboratory ship is one example.
Strategy & Tactics (Doctrine)
They typically serve the following roles:
- Scientific Research
- VIP transport
Lab Ships typically serve the following roles:
|LS-class Laboratory Ship Supraclass Archetypes|
|Science Vessel||L (Namesake)||Nostrii class Science Scout||None|
|Laboratory Ship||LS||Lavalier class Laboratory Ship||None|
It should be noted that some "Laboratory Ships" are converted from other designs. Though not sometimes as advanced or capable as ships designed for specific tasks or research areas they are none the less research capable ships. Converting some ships over to lease out as research ships can be profitable.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type L class Laboratory Ship
Ship Summary List
Some of the most commonly used vessels in this role or these roles include:
|11 Representative Laboratory Ship (LS) Classes|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Double Adventure 3: Argon Gambit/Death Station
- 'Technical Booklet' Brilliant Lances
- Traveller: The New Era Main Rulebook (pg. 371)
- Deck Plans Seeker Game Systems: Lab Ship
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science