|Amiens/Ziusudra (Alpha Crucis 0731)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||K0 V M5 V|
Amiens is a rich, pre-agricultural world with a moderate population over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in size.
- The world's agricultural industry is growing and some economists forecast an explosion in this world's agribusiness in the near future as new agro-technology and a more capable labor force are imported.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- This world has high-grade living conditions with a good climate and a non-harmful environment. As such, this world is much sought after with large queues for immigration here.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Ziusudra Subsector of Alpha Crucis Sector.
Astrography & Planetology
Binary Solar System
Amiens Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Amiens
Primary Main Sequence 0.825 4000 - 5000 0.42 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00845 0.05375 0.52 - 0.84 0.845 8.45 Orbit # * * 2 2 7 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Amiens
Secondary Main Sequence 0.331 2000 - 2900 0.007 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00333 0.00694 0.07 - 0.11 0.333 3.33 Orbit # * * * 1 5
Amiens is the homeworld for the Ladybugs a native minor race that has successfully assimilated into Solomani society. Once a TL 0 race, they have adapted to Amiens’ TL 4 Human society. All wear human clothes, speak Anglic with a lisping accent, and belong to the Church. Most Solomani farms have Ladybug domestic and farmworkers. Amiens’ Solomani Party arranges for surplus Ladybugs to emigrate to find jobs on other Consolidation of Turin worlds and sometimes to serve as stewards or cargo hands aboard starships.
- Amiens is part of the Consolidation of Turin.
- The population of Amiens belongs to a Solomani Catholic Church sect that rejects technology.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|