Tethys class Mercenary Transport
|Tethys class Mercenary Transport|
A side view schematic of the bridge of a Tethys class Mercenary Transport.
|Type: CY Mercenary Cruiser|
|Also see||Combat Transport & Type C class Mercenary Cruiser|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Distributed Structure Hull|
|Manufacturer||Phoenix Enterprises Limited|
|Passengers||30 High/Med 110 Low|
|Reference||I.S.P.M.V Tethys 1-8.|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
- It carries medium armament and a high quality defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries six subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a 31 sophont crew and 136 marines.
General Description & Deck Plans
- A top view schematic of a Tethys class Mercenary Transport including its six Coeus class Assault Pinnaces.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||1,000 tons. Partially Streamlined Distributed Structure Hull.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||x6 Coeus class Assault Pinnaces|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||29 months to build, 26 months in quantity.|
The TETHYS was constructed by Captain Van Tromp at P.E.L. Shipyards in 116.23. Captain Van Tromp hires out his ship out to organizations requiring the capability of transporting a full company of fighting men. Missions for the TETHYS include anything from planetary exploration to planetary invasion. 
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: The Tethys is much older and less expensive when compared to the Type C class Mercenary Cruiser. It was designed much earlier than the Type C Broadsword during the end of the Pacification Campaigns. It was designed to arm and form auxiliary forces to the nascent Imperial Navy of the time. Years later, it is still found in the employ of mercenaries, auxiliaries and in areas of the Imperial Fringe. It was designed to be hardy and easily modified and maintenance. It can often be repaired with parts of much lower or higher technology bases with relative ease. It's a hardy platform. Not having to venture into atmospheres, really reduced its wear and tear compared to trans-atmospheric craft. 
Class Naming Practice/s: It's name is derived from Terran Greek mythology, in which Tethys, was a Titan daughter of Uranus and Gaia, two ancients from that human mythology. 
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CY class Mercenary Cruiser
- Aositaoh class Mercenary Cruiser
- Ares Dragon class Mercenary Cruiser
- Broadsword class Mercenary Cruiser
- Byrna class Mercenary Cruiser
- Duke Boris class Mercenary Cruiser
- Longsword class Mercenary Cruiser
- Mauler class Mercenary Cruiser
- Tethys class Mercenary Transport
- Tleiatre class Battle Leader
- Type C class Mercenary Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Jordan Weisman. I.S.P.M.V Tethys (FASA, 1980), 1-8.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science