This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
- It was formerly named Corolis.
|Sedulan/Cradle (Halcyon 1008)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Unity of Sed in the Cradle Subsector of Halcyon Sector, which is part of the Distant Fringe.
- It was formerly known as Corolis.
- 1 Description (Astrography and Planetology)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Description (Astrography and Planetology)
Sedulan Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Sedulan
Primary Main Sequence 1.54 6600 - 7100 6.26 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0147 0.20753 1.99 - 3.24 1.47 14.7 Orbit # * 0 5 4 7 Remarks None
The primary is Quilan, an ordinary white main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 6.26 Sols, a mass of 1.54 Sols and a diameter of 2.198 million km. The inner system consists of (I) a vacuum worldlet, (II), a vacuum worldlet, (III) a trace atmosphere inner world, and (IV) Sedulan, designated the mainworld. (V) an exotic atmosphere bigworld orbits within the habitable zone. (VII) a large gas giant, (VIII) a large gas giant, (IX-I) a vacuum iceworld, (IX-II) an exotic atmosphere bigworld, and (X) a vacuum iceworld form the outer system – orbital position (VI) is empty. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
(IV) Sedulan is designated the mainworld and orbits Quilan at a mean distance of 1.13 AU (169 million km), within the within the H– region of the inner system. It has an orbital period of 353 days 13 hours and a rotation period of 44.75 hours. The axial tilt is 16.5 degrees. Sedulan has a diameter of 15,160 km, a density of 5.20 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 1.11 G. Its atmosphere is rated as Standard, Tainted, with a mean surface pressure of 1.35 bar and a composition of 78% nitrogen (N2), 21% oxygen (O2), and 1% argon (Ar), water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. The taint is caused by pollution of industrial origin. Approximately 99.9% of the surface is covered in oceans of liquid water: average tidal ranges exceed 1.5m. Mean surface temperature: 30°C. The atmosphere is dynamic and powerful weather systems, driven by the star and the warm oceans, sweep across the globe. The climate is seasonal and weather patterns follow regular cycles during the local year.
Mainworld Size (S)
This world is a Big World between 13,600km and 15,200km in diameter. The world has a standard gravity between 1G and 1.3G. The horizon will appear about 5.4km away. Vessels with only 1G of thrust should avoid landing on this world.
Mainworld Atmosphere (A)
This world has a pressure of 0.71 to 1.49 atmospheres. While a Standard Atmosphere does not require survival gear this atmosphere also contains an unusual taint such as such as disease, a hazardous gas mix, pollutants, or sulfur compounds which requires the use of a Filter Mask. Some taints may require more protective equipment. TL–3 or more advanced survival gear is required to settle this world.
- (IVa) Paradin (UWP F330315-A, orbiting at 13 Diameters/197,000 km)
- (IVb) Gerasta (UWP F640269-A, orbiting at 30 Diameters/455,000 km).
Mainworld Geography and Topography
Total surface area: 722 million km², Land surface area: 7 million km², Water surface area: 715 million km².
Sedulan, the mainworld, has extensive, abundant native life, with complex organisms inhabiting every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
- Paradin, Sedulan's hot small inner moon, has primitive native life, consisting entirely of microscopic cyanobacteria-parallels that exist in any location where they can find even a minimal trace of shelter and moisture. Their metabolic functions maintain the process of atmospheric renewal.
- Gerasta, Sedulan's hot, marginally hospitable desert outer moon, has extensive native life, consisting of minute multicellular organisms that can be found in most ecological niches. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
- The former capital of the Corolian Jurisdicture.
Sedulan has a Class C Starport, an average quality installation which includes amenities including unrefined fuel for starships, some brokerage services for passengers and cargo, and a variety of ship provisions. There is a shipyard capable of doing maintenance and other kinds of repair. Ports of this classification generally have only a downport, unless this is a trade port or system with an hostile environment mainworld.
World technology level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Holovision, Personal Global Communications, and advanced Translators.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Increasingly advanced fusion plants and advanced fuel cells.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
Sedulan is governed by a Civil Service Bureaucracy. The leadership of the government is another form (democracy, dictatorship, oligarchy), but the bureaucracy leadership influences policy. The government leadership may select the bureaucracy leadership, but not its membership. Usually the governmental leadership is divided, or incapable of setting policy and the bureaucracy provides a stabilizing influence. The bureaucracy may be the full government bureaucracy or a section with limited jurisdiction but considerable influence like the military.
Local Defense Forces (approximately 13 million personnel).
Unity of Sed militia forces (approximately 100 million personnel).
- Resources: 8 (Moderate)
- Labor: 8 (Hundreds of millions)
- Infrastructure: A (Extensive)
- Efficiency: −4 (Very poor)
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Native Non-Human Races:
- Homogeneity: B (Discordant)
- Acceptance: D (Very Xenophilic)
- Strangeness: A (Incomprehensible)
- Symbols: F (Extremely abstract)
Until 5571AD the world was known as Corolis.
No information yet available.
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|