Damgarrii class Passenger Launch
|Damgarrii class Passenger Launch|
A Damgarrii-class under spaceflight.
|Type: UML Auxiliary|
|Also see||Passenger Launch|
|Architect||William H. Keith, Jr.|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design with a Keith illustration.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Streamlining||Lifting Body Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Damgarrii class Passenger Launch is a venerated utility smallcraft
- It is a civilian ship, a smallcraft, and a Launch.
- It is most commonly associated with the March class Subsidized Merchant, Beowulf class Free Trader, or the Type R class Subsidized Merchant.
- 1 Basic Ship Synopsis
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Basic Ship Synopsis
- A launch may mount missile racks and sandcasters; it may not mount lasers as weapons. The craft has thirteen tons excess space available for custom use, and typically cost MCr14. 
The Damgarrii-class is a very functional, cheap, cost-efficient, and capable smallcraft that can be found throughout Charted Space. It is usually unarmed and unarmored although provisions for both exist. It was designed with a the hardiness and solid state electronics that Vilani engineering is known for. In fact, the craft has safeguards on its safeguard and many joke that it was built to be serviced by proto-sophonts with TL-1 tools (...of course, not really). At any rate, it's a tough and very serviceable Launch.
- A Damgarrii class Passenger Launch approaching a lab ship. View from the aft.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Damgarrii class Passenger Launch|
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|4.||Electronics||A standard paramilitary class smallcraft computer is equipped.|
|6.||Armament||No standard armament is equipped although fittings are available if armament is desired.|
|7.||Defenses||Not standard defensive equipment other than evasion software is normally equipped.|
|11.||Construction Time||1 month (4 weeks) or less in quantity.|
|12.||Comments||The launch has provision for eight passengers in addition to the pilot. It can carry 9.0 tons of cargo. The launch can also serve as a life boat when necessary. |
Most Common Standardized Smallcraft Types
- Cutter (50-ton)
- Fighter (10-ton)
- Launch (20-ton)
- Pinnace (40-ton)
- Ship's Boat (30-ton)
- Shuttle (95-ton)
- Slow Boat (30-ton)
- Slow Pinnace (40-ton)
The Damgarrii-class is one of the cheapest, most cost-efficient, and capable smallcraft located throughout Charted Space. It's been in manufacture for over a thousand years and is widely available, modifiable, and expandable. It began manufacture under the Vilani Imperium and was a regular subcraft included with the free traders of its day.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type UML class Launch
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller. Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 18.
- Marc Miller. Traders and Gunboats (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), TBD.
- Timothy B. Brown. Fighting Ships (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 78.
- Don Perrin. Starships (Imperium Games, 1996), 8.
- S.R. Greene. SGS: Imperial Small Craft (Seeker Gaming Systems, 1992), TBD.
- S.R. Greene. SGS: Imperial Small Craft Vol. 2 (Seeker Gaming Systems, 1992), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science