|Ugarup/Ultima (Solomani Rim 0502)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- Its surface is 90% or more covered in an ocean of water.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- As a preindustrial world, this planet cannot yet manufacture enough high-technology resources to support a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- This world is a "Twilight Zone World", a planet that is tidally-locked to its primary world, giving a hot pole, a cold pole and a twilight zone in-between.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Ultima Subsector of Solomani Rim Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- It is the homeworld of the Gurungan, a sophont species and minor race as well as an aquatic race.
- This world has a colony at Morgana (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The planet is tidally locked to its primary star and constant storms form in the twilight band that lies between the hot day face and freezing night face.
- Non-Gurungan are restricted to the Human Enclave located on the island city that also houses the downport.
Ugarup Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Ugarup
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks None
0502 Ugarup (Imperial)
Starport: Class IV.
Diameter: 8,300 miles (13,300 km). Gravity: 0.97g.
Atmosphere: Dense oxygen-nitrogen (Tainted).
Population: 800 million.
Control Level: 6.
Tech Level: 10.
World Trade Number: 5.
The Gurungans are a pseudo-octopoidal race of aquatic hexapods, who strongly value their privacy after an initial period of exploitation by outside species. Their homeworld and colonies are largely under imperial stewardship and controls. While largely insular and isolationist, an increasing number of Gurungans have been engaging in interstellar trade and even intercultural exchanges, especially with other aquatic species with whom environmental accommodations are more easily managed.
History & Background (Dossier)
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial marquis.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial viscount.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|