Temarn class Asteroid Monitor
|Temarn class Asteroid Monitor|
|Type: HMP Asteroid Monitor|
|Also see||Defensive Ship - Monitor|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Buffered Planetoid Hull|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Asteroid Monitor.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The buffered planetoid hull is harvested from this system's belt. The ship has 2G maneuver drive and 2 agility. There are equipped with on board fuel purification, but are not well equipped for wilderness refueling, without assistance. It can carry a drop tank for an additional 28 days of power plant fuel so it can stay on station longer. These TL–11 craft are fitted with a pair of the best computers available, military grade Model/5 fib computers adjacent to the bridge.
- Armament is centered around a spinal mounted meson gun and ten large missile bays. There is a single particle accelerator bay, ten dual plasma gun turrets, ten triple beam laser turrets, and ten triple sand caster turrets. No additional armor was fitted. There is a small hold, which can double as a missile magazine.
- They deploy a three dton Narit Air Raft, as an interface vehicle when orbital port facilities and two 20 ton launches.
- There are 11 command crew, 46 engineers, 78 gunners, 5 flight staff, 40 services, and 24 marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||20,000 tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/5 fib computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||Integral factor 6 armor, ten triple sand caster turrets in one factor 9 batter, and one factor 4 repulsor bay.|
|8.||Craft / Subcraft||x1 3T Narit Air Raft, x2 20T Launches|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||On Board Fuel Purification|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
|12.||Remarks||No information yet available.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type HMP class Planetoid Monitor
- Defender class Planetoid Monitor
- Empress Troyhune class Planetoid Monitor
- Guardian class Asteroid Monitor
- Hukkert class Monitor
- Methuselah class System Defense Monitor
- Obsidian class Asteroid Monitor
- Peset class Asteroid Monitor
- Porton class Asteroid Monitor
- Quesha FR-6 class Buffered Asteroid Monitor
- Sable class Heavy System Defense Monitor
- SH2K Frost G class Medium Asteroid Monitor
- SH7K Fromaag class Heavy Asteroid Monitor
- Temarn class Asteroid Monitor
- Type M2M class Planetoid Battle Station
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|