|Status||Human Ethnic Group|
|Homeworld location||Gram (Spinward Marches 1223)|
|Primary Star||F2 V M2 V|
|Reference||Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 18 13-19.|
|Also see||Sword Worlds Confederation|
Anatomy & Physiology
Humans, on average, stand approximately 1.8 meters in height and weigh about 100 kilograms.
- Descended from omnivore gatherers, humans developed intelligence in response to shifting climatological factors.
- Bilateral symmetry (2-ial)
- Tetrapod (4-ped)
- Two limbs used for manipulation "arms"
- Former brachiator (still capable climber)
- Two limbs used for locomotion (biped) "legs"
- Two limbs used for manipulation "arms"
- Body consists of three segments
- Head with sensors and multiple-use orifice (consumption, communication, and respiration)
- Torso with manipulatory limbs
- Abdomen with locomotor limbs
Humans have a conventional carbon-water based biochemistry.
Humans use a conventional respiration cycle consisting of:
- Oxygen-nitrogen inhalant
- Carbon dioxide exhalant
Evolution & Environment
- Hyper-acclimitization: Known to quickly adapt to many different climates and environments.
- Requires shelter and clothing.
- Prefer to shelter in defensible dens protected from the elements.
Humans are primarily a diurnal species and are active by daylight and rest during the night.
- They use a wide variety of technologies to master their environment including terraforming.
Diet & Trophics
- Sometimes called a "hunter-gatherer" due to many human's penchant for pursuing animal sustenance.
- Known for advanced agriculture and livestock husbandry practices.
- Regarded as an apex predator, through the use of technology, on their homeworlds.
Gender & Reproduction
Humans have the following reproductive characteristics::
- Two genders (male & female)
- Mild sexual dimorphism
- (sexual reproduction)
- Reproduces through conjugal intercourse
- Varied mating systems (primarily monogamy)
- Viviparous birth
- (Iteroparous): Uses K-selection and have few offspring that require considerable amounts of time to raise to maturity.
- Anti-authoritarianism ("fanatical homesteaders")
- Cultural pride
Language & Letters (Communication)
The language of the Sword Worlds is largely Solomani-derived. It has heavy influences from the following Solomani languages:
Culture & Society (Ethnology)
Sword Worlder culture demands different traits from different sexes. Males are expected to be active and aggressive, while females are compelled to be passive and accepting. The origins of this cultural trend lie back in the early days of Sword Worlder civilization; it has varied in influence over the years, but the resulting psychological traits are still very strong today. 
Sword Worlders are frequently characterized as proud. This is true on two levels. First, a Sword Worlder takes pride in his ancestors, who colonized a subsector with virtually no resources. Second, a Sword Worlder takes pride in his accomplishments. 
Sword Worlder society is viewed as, and often is, militaristic. For example, defense of the community is the duty of every Sword Worlder male, and membership in regional self-defense units is almost universal. The "militaristic" label applies even to civilian organizations. The original colonists were in various military units; in the transition to a civil society, various aspects of that culture crossed over. 
Reputation amongst peers is paramount, and a Sword Worlder will do whatever it takes to maintain and enhance his reputation. Many Sword Worlders like to believe that their courage is an intrinsic quality that other Human cultures don’t have. In reality, most Sword Worlders act the way they do out of fear how they would be treated if they acted in a disreputable manner. This system works as well as it does because Sword Worlder society centers on small communities.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
Military & Intelligence (Force Projection)
This culture is well known for producing capable fighting forces. Sword Worlders are largely a warrior race.
- Please see polity entry at Sword Worlds Confederation for more information.
This race is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race is: