(Redirected from Human Ethnic Group)Jump to navigation Jump to search
An Ethnic Group is a large group of Sophonts classed according to common traits or characteristics.
These traits may include: racial, national, tribal, religious, linguistic, or cultural origin or background. This may include divisions within a Race, e.g. Vargr have many different cultural groups. Or an ethnic group may include members of several races with a shared cultural background, like the Darrians.
History & Background (Dossier)
The vast majority of sophonts split into sub-groups based upon cultural preferences.
- Some ethnic groups may remain separated from the base sophont genus long enough to sub-speciate.
- Other ethnic groups may employ geneering or other advanced technologies to deviate from the base sophont genus. Many call these races Variant Races or chimera.
- Terragens are a special kind of variant race, originating from Terra. In the broadest sense, any race originating on Terra are Terragens. It is however, more typically used for variant races that are not humans. Vargr are the best known terragen in this sense.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
This list of sources was used by the Traveller Wiki Editorial Team and individual contributors to compose this article. Copyrighted material is used under license from Far Future Enterprises or by permission of the author. The page history lists all of the contributions.
- T5 Core Rules
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science