Smelchak class Battleship
|Smelchak class Battleship|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: BP Pocket Battleship|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Cost|| MCr164,528.376 (base)|
(including 400 Marines)
|Passengers||0 High/Med 400 Low|
|QSP||No information yet available.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Smelchak class Battleship is a heavy warship.
The Smelchak class Battleship is constructed for the Imperial Navy and examples of the class may be encountered across the Third Imperium. It carries almost a battalion of marines, all equipped with assault drop capsules. The flight section includes two cutters and two ship's boats. A single squadron of ten heavy 50-Ton fighters is carried for overwatch and CAS. There is a frozen watch to replace crew losses.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage||The Smelchak class is constructed using a 200,000 Ton hull built in a generally Conical configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, giving fair atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.|
|2.||Crew|| x1,386 personnel, including x400 Marines.
The vessel mounts a Jump-4 drive, a Maneuver-6 drive, and a Power Plant-9, giving performance of Jump-4 and 6-G acceleration. The ship has an Agility rating of 6. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-4 and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics|| Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/9fib computer: the vessel has a backup Model/9fib computer.
|5.||Hardpoints|| 2,000 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for a Smelchak class is:
|7.||Defenses||The hull is plated, structurally reinforced, and built with secure bulkheads and compartments that give it a High Guard armor rating of 9.|
|8.||Craft|| Flight Section
There are 40 Drop Capsule tubes and their associated loading equipment.
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 98,000 Tons.|
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr164,528.376
|11.||Construction Time|| 224 weeks (52 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments|| Standard cargo capacity amounts to 47.0 Tons.
- The Kishkii – a ship that served throughout the Rebellion. It was infected by Virus and became a "Vampire" vessel.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BP class Pocket Battleship
- Artemsus class Strike Battleship
- Chtrfiak class Battleship
- Courageous class Battleship
- Fauve class Battleship
- Fenris class Dreadnought
- Furious Anger class Battleship
- Ixobis class Dreadnought
- Kline class Battleship
- Kokirrak class Dreadnought
- Lefaen class Battleship
- Marat class Battleship
- Pador class Dreadnought
- Plankwell class Dreadnought
- Prince Ian II class Battleship
- Prince Morris I class Battleship
- Prince Roger III class Battleship
- Sarriaklir class Battleship
- Smelchak class Battleship
- Sutherland class Ship of the Line
- Tronskia class Dreadnought
- Type VB class Battleship
- Viepchakl class Battleship
- Voroshilef class Battleship
- Yrkath Ossu E*Wr class Battleship
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- CT Book 5 "High Guard", GDW, 1980. (Design protocols used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science