Ixobis class Dreadnought
|Ixobis class Dreadnought|
|Type: BP Dreadnought|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr109,967.457 in quantity: 87,973.966|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||X High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Ixobis class Dreadnought is a heavy warship.
It is a vessel with 2-G and J-2 performance with a unstreamlined planetoid hull. It has a short Jump-2 range and low acceleration without agility. In combat maneuvers it is described as "graceless". they are carved from local buffered planetoids. It carries a low watch, back up computer and extra screen generators in the event of battle damage. It is tanker dependent for fleet maneuvers.
- It carries very heavy armament and a defensive suite. They are armed with twenty batteries of repulsors, beam lasers, fusion guns and particle accelerators. There are ninety missile batteries and twenty two sand caster batteries. They carry heavy armor and the best meson spinal mount available.
- It ordinarily carries many subcraft, some ship's vehicles, and drones. It carries a full battalion of rapid response jump troops, with twenty G-carriers, a squadron of light fighters and seven assault boats.
- It has a 1,561 sophont crew and 400 marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||200,000 tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/7 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
In keeping with the Marlan Primate fleet's internal security mission, this class was designed with a defensive mindset. They are considered cheap for their size.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BP class Pocket Battleship
- Artemsus class Strike Battleship
- Chtrfiak class Battleship
- Courageous class Battleship
- Fauve class Battleship
- Fenris class Dreadnought
- Furious Anger class Battleship
- Ixobis class Dreadnought
- Kline class Battleship
- Kokirrak class Dreadnought
- Lefaen class Battleship
- Marat class Battleship
- Pador class Dreadnought
- Plankwell class Dreadnought
- Prince Ian II class Battleship
- Prince Morris I class Battleship
- Prince Roger III class Battleship
- Sarriaklir class Battleship
- Smelchak class Battleship
- Sutherland class Ship of the Line
- Tronskia class Dreadnought
- Type VB class Battleship
- Viepchakl class Battleship
- Voroshilef class Battleship
- Yrkath Ossu E*Wr class Battleship
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science