Sang-O class Patrol Ship
|Sang-O class Patrol Ship|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: HTP Patrol Ship|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr276.953 (base) |
|Hull||[[Close Structure Hull]]|
|Origin||Worlds of The Leader|
|Passengers||0 High/Med |
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
Armament is a triple sand caster turret, a triple missile turret and a triple beam laser turret. They have a partially streamlined close structure hull equipped with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness gas giant refueling. The TL–11 hulls have Jump-2 drives and carry enough internal fuel for two Range-2 Jumps, and carry drop tanks with 28 days of power plant fuel and an additional Jump-2 as needed.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Tonnage: 370 tons (standard), 5,180 cubic meters.
- Crew: 2 officers, 16 ratings
- Performance: Jump 2. 4G acceleration. Power plant-4. 14.8 EP. Agility 2.
- Electronics: Model 3 fib computer.
- Hardpoints/Armament: One triple missile turret, one triple beam laser turret.
- Defenses: One triple sand caster turret, factor 2 armored hull.
- Craft: 4 ton Air/Raft
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel scoops with fuel purification plant
- Cost: MCr 276.953 standard. MCr 221.562 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 58 weeks standard. 47 weeks in quantity.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Ten in service. Designed and built at Urcor for the Worlds of The Leader. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. There are currently ten of these vessels in service with the Glorious Leader's Benevolent Patrol Flotilla. The Sang-O Class Patrol Ship is a class ships used primarily for merchant escort, picket duty and commerce blockade enforcement.
The Sang-O class are in use by the Leader, and are one of the larger and more numerous indigenously-built vessels. A single vessel was captured by the enemy after it misjumped during an infiltration incident.
It was widely reported that a new version of the Sang-O class had been deployed. Satellite imagery suggests the Sang-O may have been produced at the Urcor commercial shipyards and fitted out at the orbital dry docks.
Other footage of the nearby docks appear to depict two completed Sang-O in deep orbit. Subsequent satellite imagery shows three Sang-O deployed to the Military Base at Inselm (world), Far Home 2310 B201454-B.
According to a local journal, the decision to develop a larger, improved version of the Sang-O with the 370 ton displacement and the 40m hull. This came in the wake of increased border incursions by enemy forces.
The increased length and internal volume would suggest an increased in the operational range and troop/equipment carrying capabilities. Top speed is also reported to be higher in the new model, meaning an improved propulsion system is likely using some of the extra length.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science