|Skkyhrk/Hikaru (Amdukan 2213)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||F4 V M6 V|
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- This world is also the overall capital of an interstellar government with the massive extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Hhkar Sphere in the Hikaru Subsector of Amdukan Sector.
- This world has a nearby Naval Base, usually associated with military starships.
- This world has a nearby Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces.
- This world was once known as Urinir.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The taint in the atmosphere is made up of sulphur compounds, and comprises roughly 10% of the atmosphere; this makes it more suitable for the Hhkar than for Human or Vargr.
Binary Solar System
Skkyhrk Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Skkyhrk
Primary Main Sequence 1.38 6300 - 6900 4.42 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01359 0.17438 1.67 - 2.72 1.359 13.59 Orbit # * 0 4 4 7 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Skkyhrk
Secondary Main Sequence 0.302 2000 - 2800 0.006 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00297 0.00615 0.06 - 0.1 0.297 2.97 Orbit # * * * 0 5 Remarks
History & Background (Dossier)
Skkyhrk is the capital of the Hhkar Sphere. The planet was renamed (or, according to them, restored to its original name) after the Hhkar invasion of -222; the planet had been known since the days of the Vilani Imperium as Urinir, a backwater world of the Vilani Imperium known only for its pyramid ruins (now known to have been built by the Hhkar before they left the planet 10,000 years ago).
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|