style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Primary||F7 V M2 V|
|Army Size (BEs)||12000|
|World Trade Number||5.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||64,170|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||33,000,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||75,600|
Junidy is a high-population world with a billion or more sophonts in population size. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Aramis Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Junidy, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the fiefdoms of a count and a minor duke. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world has a nearby Imperial Way Station. This is the homeworld of the Llellewyloly, a Minor Race. They are 50% of the world's population. The Vilani name for Junidy is Dikgarmuma.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Junidy is located within the Towers Cluster.
Binary Solar System
Junidy Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Junidy
Primary Main Sequence 1.196 5800 - 6500 2.584 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01165 0.13333 1.28 - 2.08 1.165 11.65 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7 Remarks Lhininin (star) Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Junidy
Secondary Main Sequence 0.4258 2400 - 3300 0.027 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.0044 0.01358 0.13 - 0.21 0.44 4.4 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
- Starport: Class IV.
- Diameter: 3,866 miles (6,220 km).
- Atmosphere: Very thin oxygen-nitrogen.
- Surface Water: 38%.
- Climate: Cool.
- Population: 28,000,000,000 (14,000,000,000 Llellelwyloly).
- Government: Dictatorship.
- Control Rating: 6.
- TL: 9.
Native Sophont: Llellewyloly
Junidy is the homeworld of the Llellewyloly.  The Llellewyloly or Dandies are a minor race native to Junidy (Spinward Marches 3202). Llellewyloly (pronounced "Chlay-chlew-i-lolly") have five multi-jointed limbs which function as hands and feet interchangeably. Their main sensory organs are also located on the limbs. The spherical central body is covered with long, coarse hair. Many body features are adaptations to the extreme temperature variations of Junidy’s day. Respiration occurs across the entire spherical body surface and is adapted to Junidy's very thin atmosphere. Consequently, Llellewyloly venture unprotected only into similar very thin atmospheres; in other environments, and even then they require whole-body protective suits. "Dandies" (or "Dandelions") as they are colloquially known, have a great phobia of non-native environments meaning that Dandies stick to low gravity, low pressure environments with similar atmospheres as Junidy.
History & Background (Dossier)
After years of racial violence following a civil war, the Scout Service encouraged a new government to give equal rights to both humans and the Llellelwyloly. By 1108 the world’s government was human-dominated and made many laws which made life harder for the Llellelwyloly. This has led to terrorist acts by them, and recently their “Junidy Liberation Army” has been working closely with the Kforuzeng Vargr corsairs, which has led to the new amber classification.
Tukera Lines maintains a main office and facilities at the star port.
- Akerut has their main office on Junidy.
- The IISS maintains a Trade Station at the star port.
The major settlements on Junidy include:
- Aspina Imas
- Imperial City
- Junidy Startown
- Miidrigi City
- Ragid Town
- Unsar City
History-Era: New Era
In antebellum times, their homeworld was dominated by a succession of governments formed by the minority human population. Nearly all of these discriminated against the Llellewyoly, restricting their freedoms, and relegating them to second class status. In the period between the last two Frontier Wars, an armed resistance movement composed of Llellewyoly radicals and some sympathetic humans waged a low level guerrilla and sabotage war against the most recent government, a conflict that carried over into the Civil War period. Vargr corsairs assisted the guerillas, but were unable to dislodge the junta.In the aftermath of the Collapse, the conflict cooled down to a simmer, as the world's location on the border with the Vargr Splinters, and its inclusion in the Industrial Development Program took attention away the issue. The IDP, with its equal opportunity clauses, unwittingly undid the junta's authority, and a majority of the human population sided with Llellewyoly moderates during the Representational Reform referendum. The strict government that now rules Junidy is a dual structure: a religious autocracy for the indigenous population, and a civil service bureaucracy for the human population.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 28-29.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Frank Chadwick, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. The Traveller Adventure (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), 84,88.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Kevin Knight. "Adventure: White Wolf." Traveller Chronicle 01 (1993): 10-11.
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 39. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 104.
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 105.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 50-51.
- Peter Gray - BARD OPAL 9534
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- ↑ Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 20.
- ↑ Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 104.
- Third Imperium worlds
- Domain of Deneb worlds
- Llellewyloly worlds
- Amber Zone worlds
- Era: Milieu 1116
- Binary Star System
- Articles at intermediate completion state
- Akerut worlds
- Imperial Psionics worlds
- Psionics Institute worlds
- Psionics worlds
- Shipyard worlds
- Towers Cluster worlds
- Trade Station worlds
- Tukera Lines worlds
- Vargr Splinters worlds
- T5 Second Survey worlds