Goods are the equipment, guns, gadgets, gimmicks, devices, and technological toys. They also include more mundane items such as food, drink, construction materials, drugs, luxury items, tools, and emergency response items.
There is a summary list.
Articles about goods in the encyclopedia are placed into following categories:
- A - Protections, Safety (Armor, Clothing, Insulation, etc), Augments.
- Fabrics, Protective gear, Personal armor, Cyberware
- B - Breathing Gases. Specialized Mixtures.
- Breathing apparatus
- C - Cables and Surface Gear.
- Survival gear
- D - Detectors (Sensors, Sensory aids, Signal amplifiers, etc).
- Sensory aids
- E - Emitters (of signals capable of being sensed).
- Communications gear, Emitters
- F - Food. Nutrients
- Food and Drink
- G - Non-Breathing gases.
- <No Category>
- K - Containers, Carriers, Cases, Backpacks, Holsters.
- L - Liquids. Liquid Manipulating Equipment. Pumps.
- <No Category>
- M - Construction Materials, Structural Items.
- Construction materials
- N - Information, Software, Data, Apps, Programming. Computers.
- Computers, Programs
- P - Power. Power Supplies. Power Cells. Energy Sources.
- Power supplies
- Q - Small Craft.
- R - Drugs (Rx) and Medical.
- Medical, Drugs
- S - Structures, Shelters,
- T - Tools. Toolkits. Basic Machines
- Tools, Tool kits
- U - Unique items
- Personal items
- V - Vehicles.
- Civilian Vehicle Types, Military Vehicle Types, Personal mobility
- W - Weapons
- X - Explosives. Exothermic Chemicals.
- Y - Robots, Automatons, Strangeforms.
- Robots of Charted Space
Notes: Materials such as grain or wood should not be in the library, unless there is a special Traveller-related reason (q.v. Hellboria Wood).
Technological Stages of Goods Development
By TL:19-27, robots become society's Basic Workforce, radically transforming everyday life for non-robotic sophonts. Early robota manifest various levels of autonomous behavior, but lack the deep ability for independent decision-making which constitutes true artificial intelligence. At this point, tools build more sophisticated tools, that are in turn built by tools, with tools, and were intellectually formulated by tools as well, completely removing non-robotic sophonts from the equation.
This ushers in what economists have long called a post-scarcity economy. It is not an unlimited post-scarcity economy, but most goods necessary to life are widely available for negligible value. Many societies provide extensive social safety nets, most consumer goods can be had affordably, and makertech has so advanced that most manufactured goods can be quickly had where they are needed most.