Equipment classification: A - Protections, Safety (Armor, Clothing, Insulation), Augments
Advanced Powered Battle Armor
|Advanced Powered Battle Armor|
The Advanced Powered Battle Armor is special issue for Imperial Marines on high gravity assignments. Contains a full life support system and sealed environment, it can sustain the wearer for up to 8 hours. Standard equipment includes infrared and LI sensors and basic tactical communicator. The suit has a build in hand flamer fed from a small fuel tank on the suit's back.
The suit's feedback system and powered limbs make most lifting and carrying tasks effortless. This includes the ability to run at up to 30kph. The suit requires extensive training to use properly, as the feedback system between limb operation and the powered components is sensitive and lack the safety controls of some versions of powered armor. Donning the armor takes 10 minutes, and removing it takes 3 minutes.
Standard Battledress Representation
- It is also known as Power Armor.
- Battle Dress (Powered Combat Armor)
- Combat Armor (Non-powered Combat Armor)
- Combat Environment Suit AKA Combat Armor
- Hostile Environment Suits (Hazardous Environment Non-Combat Armor)
Battle dress enhances the strength and senses of individuals wearing it with variable feedback personal controls, servo-powered limbs, and various kinds of electronic assistance. The individual wearing battle dress is effectively doubled in strength and given unlimited endurance (for lifting, carrying, and fighting purposes; not for wounds received) and can also use the suit’s capabilities to surprise the enemy. 
Personal Armor Characteristics
Volume: 125.0 liters. Weight: 100.0 kg. Base Price: Cr200,000.
- TL-13 Standard Battle Dress: An advanced and powerful version of combat armor, battle dress i[s the ultimate form of personal protection. Battle dress is restricted to military use. However, it can also typically be purchased on the black-market of high tech level worlds. Detailed information on battle dress is not available because it is considered highly classified within Imperial military circles. 
- Battle dress is somewhat bulky, but is roughly man-sized. Battle Dress is completely sealed, with a Portable Life Support System to supply breathing air, heat, and cooling for at least six hours. The suit is capable of operation in any environment from high-radiation vacuum to 30.0 atmosphere of pressure, and temperature ranges of -100°C to +100°C. It incorporates a quick sealing system to prevent loss of life support in cases of small punctures. The suit electronics includes a 100.0 km radio communicator, a heads up display integrated into the helmet, and an internal computer to monitor the health of the wearer. Sensor enhancements includes a full Portable radiation imaging system for passive image enhancements.
- The armor provides at least Class-11 protection against Firearms. 
A chameleon surface for battle dress, at an additional cost of Cr1,000 which selectively bleeds heat to match background IR levels and effectively renders the wearer invisible to IR sensors.
Psionic Shielding Option
psionic shielding is available as an option at an additional cost of Cr4,000. Psionic shielding protects the wearer from psionic mind reading and from psionic life sensing.
The earliest attempts at creating power armor in the TL:7-9 epoch produce a variety of performance enhancing man amplifier suits, waldos. powered exoskeletons, and exoframes. Earlier TL:4-6 suits are extremely unwieldy and unsuited to the conventional warfare of the time.
By the TL:10-12 epoch, power armor comes closer to reaching its potential with powered hard suits, battlesuits, combat walkers, striders, warsuits, and other smaller forms of walker mecha. Larger walker mecha have a hard time dealing with swift grav tanks, infantry pods, and other gravcraft unless in an environment where gravcraft are excluded.
By the TL:13-15 epoch, true power armor has evolved at the man-sized level, fully enables by Fusion+ power plants, battery back-ups, miniaturized artificial muscles, bonded superdense armor, and high energy plasma weaponry. 
Selected Personal Armor Models
Expected Technological Progression of Power Armor
- Exoskeleton → Battleframe → Battlesuit → Bounce Trooper (Grav Belt) → Battle Dress → Augmented Battle Dress (Power Armor) → Battle Pod
Some civilizations solve their technological problems biologically. They genetically engineer as easily as others construct with plastic and steel. They grow and do not manufacture. Their products are all of organic origin and frequently alive. They use the same technological level to determine what is available to their sciences. They obtain products that solve the same problems in a different way.
Armor and protective systems are an excellent example of how this same but different approach works. The armor is usually custom grown to fit an individual's requirements, and identical 'off the rack' suits are rare. The client selects from a menu of options and a suit colony is assembled and fitted to the customer. The armor is symbiotic and becomes attuned to its individual master. Frequently the armor will not respond to another wearer making theft impractical.
The more complex armors equivalent to combat armor, battle dress and combat environmental suits are usually more unique. There is usually a small delay for final fitting and adjustments as the armor adapts to its new master. The living suits are available in a very wide variety of versions with many strange options not available in manufactured suits. Biotech, Bio-weapons, and Bio-armor skills maybe necessary to design, build, maintain, and properly utilize this equipment.
Model 1 Combat environment suit
|Model 1 Combat Environment Bio-armor|
- Vol.: 3L
- Mass: 10 kg
- Encumbrance: 2kg (Nerve and Exo-muscular compensation)
- Price: Cr 10,000 Duration: indefinite with sun, food and water. Heterotrophic by preference will go autotrophic (chemosynthetic or photosynthetic) if conditions warrant. Optimized to live off user's wastes-heat, motion (mechanical energy), sweat, liquid and solid metabolic wastes (can last 30 days without food, 10 days w/o water on its own)
- Operating Noise: Silent
A pliable armored full body suit. This typically black polycarbon ooze masses 10kg and is alive. It is a complex organic soup of carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids, and lipids, and it is green when absorbing solar energy. It will operate in temperatures from -150° to 500° C and up to 100 atmospheres pressure. If exposed to more than 5 minutes of hard vacuum the suit and probably its occupant will expire.
It is typically stored in a long narrow cylinder in a nutrient medium in a state of hibernation. These organism can move and flow. They are not typically put on as much as they climb on for themselves. They can be bred to respond to a variety of somatic, verbal, mental or chemical signals and commands. The suit can function and adapt to great environmental extremes and protect its user from the same.
It aids in survival in desert, arctic, aquatic environments and exotic climates. The suit conforms to an environmentally secure head-to-toe bodysuit of an extremely flexible but resilient armored hide. Any portion of the body can be covered or not at will. The user can still use the suit's senses (human equivalent unless augmented) if the "hood is up."
The suit can soak up and store up to 10kg in additional food and/or water for the user in whatever desired combination. It can provide nutrients and water recycled and purified from wastes. It recovers water like a filtration/distillation unit. Offers complete protection against most NBC agents when completely sealed up. Self seals ruptures. Thermal insulation and absorption eliminates signature. Psi shield, Color and thermal Chameleon option at TL–12. The mutability of the suit allows it to be trained with a memory form.
The ooze can harden part of the covering into a specified form. Any bio-weapon/bio-armor skill allows alterations of the programmed form. Any melee weapons that the user is skilled in or wants can be extruded from any desired surface of the suit. These shapes are still part of the suit and cannot be permanently removed from the suit w/o damaging it.
Use of a NAC, an optional extra, can be used to further enhance the user's abilities
Model 2 combat armor
|Model 2 combat bio-armor|
- Vol.: 6L
- Mass: 20 kg
- Encumbrance: 2kg (Nerve and Exo-muscular compensation)
- Price: Cr 120,000
- Duration: indefinite with sun, food and water. Heterotrophic by preference will go autotrophic (chemosynthetic of photosynthetic) if conditions warrant. Optimized to live off user's wastes-heat, motion mechanical energy), sweat, liquid and solid metabolic wastes (can last 30 days without food, 10 days w/o water on its own)
- Operating Noise: Silent
The armor is fan isotropic polycarbon fiber matrix bonded with organic iron polymers and cemented with calcium carbonate ceramics which are in turn held chemically inert by coatings of regenerative (i.e. molting) chitinous longchain polysaccharides. To accomplish the levels of user protection and augmentation this organism is capable of, an invasive neuromuscular interface is needed. This suit is not a free ooze. The suit assembles itself and actively assists the user in donning it. The interfaces mate and the symbiote is ready for action in 30 seconds.
The suit comes with a NAC as standard equipment, and can be enhanced further as an option.
When hibernating the suit looks like a 10cm tall squat cylindrical bundle with a silver hemispherical disc on top (the prime neural interface and NAC).
The suit's energy storage potential is high enough to power weapons and an arsenal is usually selected at the time of purchase. Changes are possible, if expensive and time consuming.
Neurological Activity Controller
The Neurological Activity Controller (NAC) is an RNA enhanced memory cell bundle implanted or interfaced with the users central nervous system. These options can influence the users perceptions, thoughts, knowledge, emotions, and/or body movement. The memories and information stored in these nodes allow the user to perform as though he has mastered skills and capabilities which he has not.
NAC nodes can vary in capacity and can be grown for a fixed task or be re-trainable with the corresponding costs. .01kg mass.
For tasks the user may not add a stored skill to a naturally learned skill, it is one or the other but not both at the same time. Remote Sensory data transmission and brainwave transmission options are possible. Real-time transmission of all sensory input to another node. Nodes may be designated transmitters, transceivers, or receivers. The full brainwave option transmits all neural activity: sensory impressions, thoughts, and emotions.
- Image enhancement, Thermal, Passive IR, LI, Micro, Macro, EM Spectral Range, Antiglare, Targeting=telescopic, electronic battlefield scope equivalent.
- Directional, Amplified, Sound-Edit-Out, Hi/Lo Sonic Range.
- Enhanced sensor processor for detection and identification of substances by taste.
- Tracking, reduced or enhanced sensitivity to volatile airborne; chemical substances. "Sniffer" bio-scanner, life detector. Processor/analyzer: sniff bombs, drugs, mines, people etc.
- Heightened or decreased sensitivity. Thermal/Temperature Precise temperature judgment or discomfort edit out.
- Bio-sonar, Bio-radar, Vocal range modulator, emulator, amplifier,
- A specialized synaptic inhibitor device which obstructs the flow of pain signals to the brain. Gravity adjust rig, Balance rig (dex bonuses)
- New glands and organs
- These monitor and/or dispense some specific drug or hormone or other bioactive chemical into the body. Nerve booster, adrenal booster. Grafted strength enhancements. Blood loss healer, ingested chemical bypass, arterial chemical by-pass toxin binders, gametic filtering, filtered compressed oxygen extractor, gills
- Tools and weapons
- Any implanted, grafted tool or bladed weapon equivalent. Mega knuckles, razor nails, wrist razors, detachable symbiotic slave beasts used as scouts or weapons stored in body; mouth, chest, hands etc. pouch, homing instinct, photosynthesis coating-food, current, energy storage, light generator cold luminol or flash bulb, organic laser, fangs, claws, horns, hooves, stinger, thrasher, taser electro shocker, organic battery, poisons/toxins, adhesives, silk, cables, climbing, digging/burrowing, tail, hydraulic, pneumatic projectiles, extra limbs, wings, fins, entangler/net, webbing, spines, spikes, secretions-hormones, viral agents, acids, gas projector tear, tranq/knock-out.
- EVA Thruster pack
- A water and/or compressed gas resisto-jets for zero-G maneuvering. Full vacuum options with rigid suit only. Full climate control, Full waste reclamation, Any grafted weapon Grafts and biological enhancements:
|This article has metadata.|
II Enri battle dress
|Imperial Issue Enri Battle Dress|
II Enri battle dress is a modified dangerous environment vacc suit with limited enhancement and sized for children. It has a very limited grav drive, capable of driving the system at up to 30 kph to a maximum altitude of 20m. The battery pack lasts for about 1 hour, including the life support system.
Built in 'weapons' include a 'hand laser' and a 'plasma gun'. The plasma gun fires 'bolts' of luminescent aerogel. It holds 50 rounds which can be re-used. Replacements are 5 shots for 1cr.
RCES Light Battle Dress
|RCES Light Battle Dress|
|Also see||Battle Dress|
The standard model is fitted with a powered exoskeleton (which doubles the effective strength of the wearer), environmental control systems, filters, and respirator fittings (to enable be wearer to function in thin or tainted atmospheres), a laser designator unit (6km range), an integral 3km radio, and an integral WSV suite displaying on the inside of the helmet visor. The laser designator can be fitted to either the left or right forearm, at the wearer's option, and can be used to "paint" any target the wearer can see within a range of up to 3,000 meters.
The suit's power supply is sufficient to enable it to operate for up to 10 hours before recharging is required. All suits are supplied with standard power and life support fittings, allowing users to plug into a ship or vehicle power/life support systems and conserve or recharge their resources. The laser designator is only supplied with a battery sufficient to last for a total of 6 minutes, however, so its use must be carefully rationed.
Some suits are manufactured with an integral "chameleon" camouflage feature which adjusts the suit's IR signature to match is surroundings. This feature must be incorporated during manufacture, and adds kCr1 to the price.
Oxygen tanks can be added to the basic suit in order to enable the wearer to function under vacuum situations. Oxygen tanks are 10kg and add kCr2 to the price. When being used for meteoric assault in a drop capsule, the battle dress is fitted with a small air supply, sufficient for one hour, with negligible mass and price.
Individual requiring additional radio communication range may substitute a 30-km radio for the standard 3km model. The longer range radio adds 12kg and kCr2.
|Rook Battle Armor|
- Rook Armor: 2.5 m tall by 1.2 m wide at widest point by 0.8 m deep front-back, 800 kg fully loaded combat ready, and fueled.
- Movement: walk 20 m/round, trot 30 m/round, run 40 m/ round, jump 10 m/round
- Power: dedicated fusion battery packs for most systems, nickel-cadmium batteries and capacitors for back-up and stand-by power, solar power cells integrated into armor's energy absorbent platelets (part of the stealth and EMM packages)
- Special Features: On board computers with 20 gigabytes of holo-crystal RAM; language translator, code breaker software, universal computer interface, sub vocal controls, equivalent to a battle computer, library reference data, grav parachute and ablative re-entry package; 4 grav belt suspensor modules, cancels 780 kg of weight when activated.
- Life Support: 4 high pressure oxygen tanks w/ carbon scrubber and recycling can provide 48 hours of life support; filtered and compressed respirator in helmet for using external air when possible; 2 liter water bottle and 2 days compact rations: 2 day comfort kit rotary drug dispenser with two doses of: combat drug, stim tabs, and a universal anti-toxin.
- Sensors and Communication: Bio-scanner and volatile chemical analyzer and atmosphere tester; magnetic and inertial compasses with linked map box; Thermal Image; boosted auditory system with 360o echo locator and shotgun microphone, selective sound filters for direction finding and automatic overload shut-off ; PA system with bitcher, bullhorn, siren and loud hailer; laser ear ease-dropper; L3TV, Computer image enhancement and *100 power telescopic magnification in helmet visor; two flood lights (helmet and left shoulder) tunable from low IR to high UV emissions; holo-dynamic control display and HUD in helmet; Bio monitor with internal and external readouts and telemetry; 1000 km range laser and maser array with commo and nav-sat up link antennae; Far Orbit range (500,000 km) frequency agile scrambled radio communication unit with 10 tactical channels. B.A.T.T.S. (Battle, Artillery, Tactical, Telemetry, Sensors) 10 power counter battery radar, a remote sensor probe with a 500 m spoil of fiber optic cable and short range radio (40 power), laser (1 km), and maser (1 km) communication links.
- Weapons:(6) Pec-Flex explosive tipped destructo darts (equal to six TL 11 4cm RAM grenades) three in each chest plate; 2 Retractable wrist blades (equal to a cutlass attack in combat) mounted on left arm; Strength ratings= 1,000 kg leg press, 400 kg bench press; 200 kg two arm curls; Punch for 3d6 damage; Gyro stabilized integral digital laser pistol in the index finger of the right gauntlet (usable for target designation and as laser range finder) runs off a compact 50 shot battery; 2 thigh mounted 5 kg breaching charges. Plasma Cannon mounted in right forearm with a 10 shot battery and grav recoil compensation and stabilization, smart gun target link to HUD (+2 to hit with all ranged fire).
- Defenses: EMM and Extensive ECM, 3 mm self sealing suit seal to maintain environmental integrity; Rated from vacuum to 100 atmospheres of pressure and from -273oC to 3,000oC; Very low IR signature from fusion power packs; shock absorbent joints; Six chill cans around belt with associated heat sinks help maintain the effective IR chameleon surface; Psionic shielding;
- (3) three shot Beehive APERS Flechette charges (upper center torso, back of right and left shoulder plates)
- (8) prismatic aerosols mounted as 2 batteries of 4 each on the front of each shoulder; photo-chromatic high intensity "nuc proof" light polarizers and filters in visor of helmet face plate; Five large suit patches (various locations); 5000 power active EMS Jammers system
6 Powered Armor items
|Advanced Powered Battle Armor||Powered Armor||14||100liters||Cr150,000|
|Battle Dress||Powered Armor||13||125 liters||100 kg||Cr200,000|
|II Enri battle dress||Powered Armor||12||30l||30kg||Cr25,000|
|RCES Light Battle Dress||Powered Armor||12||127.5 liters||203 kg||kCr153|
|Rook armor||Powered Armor||12||2.4 m3||800kg||MCr4.5|